• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gr8white

Feb 24, 2012
    E-Shore, Md
    Anybody have an idea what this collection would be worth. It's a store display that has, I'm assuming every knife from the same production year. I don't know anything about schrade, but I think these are from the 80's.
    tanubytu.jpg

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    $50-100 per knife , maybe a few $100 more for the display . To the right collector could be worth quite a bit . Does it have the sheaths for the fixed blade knives ?

They are not made in the USA anymore so the USA made are becoming harder to find and collectibles .

Gr8white

Feb 24, 2012
    E-Shore, Md
    Hmmm...I don't remember seeing the sheaths when I opened the storage area in rear. I'll have to look again though. The knives have a N.Y. stamp on blade...so that's a good thing I suppose. Thanks for the help

Gr8white

Feb 24, 2012
    E-Shore, Md
    One more question. There are a few knives that are showing a small amount of surface rust from sitting in storage for almost 30yrs. What would be a good way to clean them up....just a wipe with wd-40 or something similar?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    One more question. There are a few knives that are showing a small amount of surface rust from sitting in storage for almost 30yrs. What would be a good way to clean them up....just a wipe with wd-40 or something similar?

Flitz and a terry cloth rag .

I remember seeing this display in the local store in my hometown back in the sixties. The prices were the same because I remember wanting the large Bowie type knife for $25.00. I'm pretty sure it was around 1962. Your display is a lot older than you think.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I still have a 3 blade pocket schrade knive the was my dad from back when every "Man" carried one to cut peaches, oranges and apples. Stayed sharp as a razor. The blades are now all dark and the handle a bit dull might have been for the acid from the oranges. I wouldn't part with it for anything in this world.

Gr8white

Feb 24, 2012
    E-Shore, Md
    I remember seeing this display in the local store in my hometown back in the sixties. The prices were the same because I remember wanting the large Bowie type knife for $25.00. I'm pretty sure it was around 1962. Your display is a lot older than you think.

I think you are correct. I dug around online and by the type/design of tang stamp on the knives they are from 1946-1973. I'm sure there are other ways to narrow it down further, but that's as close as I could find for now.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

If I were you, I wouldn't touch a thing.

Part of the value is the fact that the case has been sitting there with every knife in it. A collector will pay more money for it as is.... he can clean them up if he wants.

Just my opinion. I'd leave it as it is, with the patina.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Was this the display that was in "American Hardware" Store in Waldorf that went out of business Last year ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom