• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    You only need a license to legallly drive a car. How many cars are stolen by minors with out licenses who drive them for kicks or profit. Not having a license does not mean you don't know how to drive.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    All of this solves nothing. What a waste of time. Reminds me of the shell casing. I would love to have asked him about that, how is that program working out for you ? How many arrests were made with the fire shell case system ?

If I have to get a license to buy a gun, then I also would like to have one to carry a gun approved. Fair is fair. Pass a shall issue and I'll get a license.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    well at least we have something to quote them from and prove them wrong. ;)

license for scissors
    gun buy backs program
    quick reloads - kinda contradict themselves on this with the 10rnd mags.
    "a citizen stopped the shooting at giffords shooting" - this one actually a plus for us.
    etc. etc. etc.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    AR question and he has to refer to someone else.

And they plan to expand the definition of an Assault Weapon.

Centerfire rifle with one or more additional features.

Mag capacities will have a role in this. Targeting 10 Rd limit.

The centerfire comment was interesting to me. I own a .22LR AR Pistol, since it's not centerfire, will it be legal? Also, seems to me you can simply put an .22LR conversion bolt into an existing AR and not be banned.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Everyone reading through here take 5 mins out of your precious MDshooters browsing time, find out who your local reps are at

http://mdelect.net/

and call them and say "I would like to pass a message onto XXXXXX(Insert rep name here)" "Vote no on any proposed gun legislation"

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You'll be screwed. And this is how they will be going after the hunters depending on how they write it. "Center fire rifle with one additional feature" Doesn't state whether bolt action or semi auto.

He mentioned semi.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    Will find out if something like a bolt-action mossberg MVP will be an assault rifle. Centerfire + detachable magazine. Hopefully the legislation will not include bolt guns.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Does anyone have a letter we can copy ? I don't have the best skills in that area and want to be on point with my letter

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    We have to wait to see these gun bills and how they are worded; when they are filed.. in order to get answers to the specifics.

All of the lies and mis-truths spoken by O'Malley and the others is just plain dishonorable. How can they look at themselves each morning in the mirror?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom