• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Anyone have anything to state (good-or-bad) about Lawmen Supply Co of Clinton?

Only communicated twice via phone, one email and came away not very impressed. We had a failure to communicate or they just don't give a shit.

Lawmen Supply Co.
    7477 Old Alexandria Ferry Road
    Clinton, MD 20735

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    Bought a pistol there recently. First couple of times I went in weren't anything to speak of either. But when I picked up the other day they were a lot friendlier. Prolly cause they had my money already.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    In the last year to 18 months, Lawmen supply has gone through a major reorganization. They were bought out by another company ( I can't remember what the company name was, but they are mainly a fire equipment distributor). Since then, Lawmen has sort of gone downhill. They hired new people and their prices changed drastically. Before that, I bought 9 guns from them. Last time I was in there was at Christmas time and they acted like they did not even know me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Really the only reason to buy there is the prices on glocks and the occasional beretta trade in deal. Otherwise I'd much rather go to Andy or Lou, much more friendly, knowledgeable, and over all better service.

I will say that they always have accessories like holsters and such in stock but hey are expensive.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I've bought a few things from them over the years. Customer service was hit or miss. I had a Sig transferred there about 6 years ago and I was talked down to because I had ordered extra mags. Something to the effect of, "What are worried about a zombie apocalypse?" I just told them to give me my gun and mags and stfu. I haven't see that guy working there since, but I didn't go in there for 3 years after that conversation. I bought an AR-15 there about a year and half ago and besides the guy being new, it was rather painless. Actually the last few times I've been there within the past year, there have been different employees every time. This leads me to believe that there is a high turnover rate for employees, which is concerning.

The employees being new have been kinda annoying as I ask for a specific model of Sig 226 and they don't know if they carry it. I ask if I can order one, they don't know how to but they might have one already on order. I ask if they can check to see what models they have on order, they can't. And there's no one that ever seems to be around that can. But they were friendly.

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    I will say there wasnt much left in the store. Few shotguns on the wall. 4-5 S&W pistols, most looked like the M&P line. Maybe 3-4 Glocks. Sig side of the case was fairly full, and mighty pricey. I will say that in the 45 days I waited for MSP to approve my purchase, they had raised the price on my particular firearm $100.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    My only experience with them was after returning from a deployment in early 2010, my friend wanted to purchase his first pistol. He did the research and called around and they gave him the best deal on his Springfield XD Tactical. I went along just to check them out. Everything seemed decent and the prices seemed about what they were elsewhere. My understanding was that they only dealt with Mil/LEO. Not sure how much truth there was to that. Regardless, after just tagging along with my friend for his purchase, I ended up walking out with a brand new SCAR. Overall, it was an average experience.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    In the last year to 18 months, Lawmen supply has gone through a major reorganization. They were bought out by another company ( I can't remember what the company name was, but they are mainly a fire equipment distributor). Since then, Lawmen has sort of gone downhill. They hired new people and their prices changed drastically. Before that, I bought 9 guns from them. Last time I was in there was at Christmas time and they acted like they did not even know me.

So what you are saying they are like many other gun shop?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Support the IPs.

They are pricey, jerky but can have some good stock.

Agreed. However the few that are not pricey, jerky will be the only one's that will see me spend any money. It doesn't take any more energy to be a good guy as it does to be a dick. The gun world doesn't make anything that I need so bad to put up with anyone the is.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    They are one of two GSSF dealers in the state so if you have a GSSF coupon and want to use it your options are Lawman Supply or some place up near Baltimore (I think the Cop Shop?)

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    bought 2 there with GSSF coupon over last 2 years. never an issue. can't beat the price with the GSSF membership.
    never had an issue with rudeness or felt like i was wasting their time.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I've bought two Glocks from them, using my GSSF discount.

Can't beat $425.00 for a 'standard size' Glock.

The one thing I didn't care for, was - I could buy whatever else I wanted to, while in the shop during initial sale or pick-up, but, couldn't come back to buy magazines or 'whatever'.

They also honor the discount given to Glock Armorers. (Same price as LEO.) :D

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    I only dealt with them once. Last year. But I knew exactly what I wanted when I walked in the door. They ordered it. No fuss, no muss. Treated me neither good nor bad. Just a routine transaction I guess. This was all pre aurora and pre sandy hook. Things may have changed since then. Best price I could get at the time on a SigPro 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom