• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    400hz electrical? Good luck with that.....

Finally, running a piece of 400 Hz equipment on a 60 Hz electrical system is not advised since it will damage the device. If the same voltage is supplied to the 400 Hz device as to a 60 Hz item, it will cause the metal in the 400 Hz unit to overheat. The end result will almost surely be smoke and possibly a fire.

Are these ACs off of an airplane or something?

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, but you could always reduce the input voltage to swag it along on a 60 hz power supply....

And I thought you only found 400hz airplanes and grey ships....

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    They get some strange stuff over at SG on occasion. I just had to wonder who would want one and for what. It sort of looked like the $700 coffee pot to me.:sad20: And besides, who needs it if you can't run it:rolleyes:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You mean I shouldn't have bought it? I can't just plug it in? Damn...........

I like how you get a hundred dollars off for being a member of their thirty dollar "buyer's club." Makes you wonder what they paid for it.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    I can see this scenario.....

"Hey Gary, I got a real steal on army surplus air conditioners at auction....." :toothless

"you bought WHAT?!":eek::wtf:

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    It doesn't need conversion, it just requires an overclocked house.

Overclocked House Needs Extreme Cooling
    By Brian Briggs

Owensboro, KY - An enterprising young man has managed to run his appliances faster by overclocking the electrical system in his house. Toast gets done faster, beverages get colder and clothes spin dry at the speed of light, well, almost.

Lance Hatler, was irritated with the "measly 60 Hz" that the electric company fed into his house and decided he could do better. "I thought my overclocked computer system is pretty sweet. Why can't I apply the same principle to my house? I mean besides the fire code," questioned Hatler.

After several trips to the emergency room for massive electric shocks, Hatler's house now runs at a blazing fast 900 MHz.

Hatler believes that keeping America on a 60 Hz standard is part of a conspiracy by electricity producers. “The electric company is trying to keep us in the dark ages,” said Hatler. “They’ve been stuck at 60 Hz since I was born. Moore’s law has to take effect some time doesn’t it? I heard about one guy who made a generator that pumps out electricity at 2 GHz, but the major electric conglomerates bought him out to keep us going slow.”

At 900 MHz, the large amount of excess heat generated by this procedure required Hatler to build a giant heat sink and fan combination which he mounted to his roof. It required some structural reinforcement to bear the load, but now Hatler’s home remains a constant, cool 115 degrees summer and winter.

Neighbors have complained about the hurricane-like sounds emanating from his property and the local airport has had to reroute traffic around the airspace above Hatler's home as tremendous wind currents and strange thermal patterns have wreaked havoc on navigation, but other than that the procedure has been trouble-free.:lol2:

Next on the agenda for Hatler is adding water cooling so he can safely break the 1 GHz barrier. “There's always a network of pipes around the house. I just have to add more tubes," said Hatler. "I just wish I could find a place that would sell thermal compound in 55 gallon drums."

Friends don’t understand Hatler’s obsession with overclocking, but do enjoy some of the benefits. “Microwave popcorn takes like 5 seconds and I’ve gotten used to the beersicles,” said long time friend Greg Denson. “He has an electric water heater so you want to be careful taking a shower so you don’t scald your skin off.”

At the time of this report Hatler was under investigation by the FAA, Twin Hills Homeowner’s Association, and the Association to Stop Giant Fan Generated Tornadoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom