• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David N

Dec 7, 2011
    I find Freestate much less crowded, much more helpful, and much more liberal in what you can shoot. They have a better backstop system. AND will also clean your guns for you after you are finished..

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    If I was truly mean I'd crap on FreeState to keep the number of people there down. I had to wait for a lane last time I was there (first time for me). But it is a really good range/crew and being only 15 min away is a plus ;)

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I find Freestate much less crowded, much more helpful, and much more liberal in what you can shoot. They have a better backstop system. AND will also clean your guns for you after you are finished..

not ot derail the thread here .. but if you cannot clean your own guns you have some issues .. and yes thats my opinion .

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Think of the noobs! Ya gotta start somewhere :thumbsup:

i wasa noob once and I learned on my own .. I read my book that came with my gun . Do not wrong when I work behind the counter I helped many people with thier new firearms or when I waso n the range there as well .. But for regular shooters .. come on .

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    i wasa noob once and I learned on my own .. I read my book that came with my gun . Do not wrong when I work behind the counter I helped many people with thier new firearms or when I waso n the range there as well .. But for regular shooters .. come on .

To get back on topic, you can certainly clean your own guns there at freestate too! lol. :innocent0

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    as a bunch have said whatever works for you and where ever you want to spend your money .. Hell I have even shot at SF a longtime ago .. so what ever makes you happy .. if you want ot shoot rifles though like the others mention AK AR then yes Freestate or even the NRA range

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sorry only people who work on my guns are me and my gunsmiths .. but every gun owner new or vet should know howto clean thier own firearm .

I'm with you, I don't let anyone else touch my guns. I'm a member at Freestate, and they can keep my free cleanings. In fact, I'd let someone else have them if desired.

Oh...and my vote would be for Freestate. Much more to like there than at O/T.

Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    I'm with you, I don't let anyone else touch my guns. I'm a member at Freestate, and they can keep my free cleanings. In fact, I'd let someone else have them if desired.

Oh...and my vote would be for Freestate. Much more to like there than at O/T.

I have a GSG5 that is a PITA to clean. So far I haven't used any of my membership free cleanings...but I'm considering it. If I do I'll happily take your cleanings off your hands. :D

Been to both Freestate and On Target. Both good facilities. I think Freestate is the better range overall... but if OT was closer I'd still go there.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Sorry only people who work on my guns are me and my gunsmiths .. but every gun owner new or vet should know howto clean thier own firearm .

The GUNSMITH cleans the firearms for MEMBERS if they so choose.... 10 FREE cleanings for members, and it's not always done on the spot--- good chance the firearm has to be left overnight.....

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    Been to freestate a number of times. usually just shooting pistols, .22's or a hi point.
    can't afford frangible sks ammo haha

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Been to OT a few times now and I have no complaints except it can get a little crowded on the weekends but thats to be expected given the area. Trying to make my way up to freestate, 40minute drive vs 20minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom