• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So if my entire lower blew up into pieces you telling me that they'd have to glue the shit back together and that's all they could do for me?

Exactly....

Of course, that would be very unusual. There is very little stress on a lower.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Ask someone with a registered lightning link for an Ar15 when it breaks you can't get a replacement under warranty,atf treats it as manufacturing a new machine gun.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    So what is the purpose of having a full warranty? Why even say they'll cover everything if they can't cover shit?

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Oh yeah if these new laws don't get wiped out I'm definitly leaving this state and not looking back. Anytime a company can't honor there warranty because of the state you live in is a joke

Zibner

Aug 15, 2013
    Lexington Park Md
    I can see them sending you a new lower replacement but do you really think they will go to the trouble of making a lower with your serial number? I thought that was the purpose of a serial number "unique" now they have to explain in there records to the ATF why they issue multiple guns with the same serial number. I think they will send your FFL paperwork you to explain it's a warranty replacement.

Do you have to use a FFL to send a registered gun to be worked on?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So what is the purpose of having a full warranty? Why even say they'll cover everything if they can't cover shit?

It's called marketing and people fall for it all the time.

Did your rifle come with a double lifetime guarentee and tripple repair technology?

People have only themselves to blame.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I can see them sending you a new lower replacement but do you really think they will go to the trouble of making a lower with your serial number? I thought that was the purpose of a serial number "unique" now they have to explain in there records to the ATF why they issue multiple guns with the same serial number. I think they will send your FFL paperwork you to explain it's a warranty replacement.

Do you have to use a FFL to send a registered gun to be worked on?

No you do not.

Send it yourself and it will come straight back to you.

Rifles, handguns, whatever. Even the scarey black ones.

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    It would be grounds to file a lawsuit for being deprived of personal property without due process, a violation of interstate commerce laws, a violation of the equal protection clause (as every other citizen in the US could send a receiver in for repair and receive a replacement if defective) and quite possible a violation of the federal Magnusson-Moss warranty act as Maryland is specifically preventing both supplier and consumer from complying with that law. SB281 has so many ill conceived things in it that it will spawn a raft of lawsuits that we will eventually win with the incorporation of the Second Amendment in McDonald v Chicago. MD's anti-gun rights politicians will be dragged kicking and screaming just like Illinois', but they will eventually have to honor all of our civil rights, not just the ones they like.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of in my life. Such stupid rules.

If you think that is some dumb stuff, you should sit in on some of the legislative hearings in Annapolis in Jan.

I'm warning you though, you will be blown away by the magnitude of stupid that runs VERY deep in our representatives.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And I really don't see a problem with a manufacturer destroying an old, broken receiver and issuing a new receiver with the same serial number. They could issue you an entire new handgun if need be with the same serial number as long as it the EXACT same gun. The only problem I see would be the silly-assed fired shell casing for the MSP.

Not saying they would do it, but it would not screw up their A and D records.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

And I really don't see a problem with a manufacturer destroying an old, broken receiver and issuing a new receiver with the same serial number. They could issue you an entire new handgun if need be with the same serial number as long as it the EXACT same gun. The only problem I see would be the silly-assed fired shell casing for the MSP.

This would be legal in every other State. However, if the firearm is banned in MD, there is an issue. Getting a new receiver, with a new serial number = new gun. If that serial number wasn't registered in MD before October 1, you can't have it. The manufacturer isn't the problem. The problem is the MD laws....

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia

This would be legal in every other State. However, if the firearm is banned in MD, there is an issue. Getting a new receiver, with a new serial number = new gun. If that serial number wasn't registered in MD before October 1, you can't have it. The manufacturer isn't the problem. The problem is the MD laws....

And this is one reason why people have been buying lowers...if you have a failure of your lower after today, you won't be able to replace it. You'll be able to buy another Lower Parts Kit, but not the receiver.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    If the repair cannot be done and the receiver has to be replaced, the manufacturer will do the atf paperwork on their end noting that the new SN receiver is replacing the old SN receiver. I would also ask the manufacturer to send a document stating this since you are in MD. I just went through this with Seekins.

Everyone is over thinking this, if the MSP takes your gun they will run the SN through ATF and if the manufacturer does the paperwork it will come back as a replacement for SN1234.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Did you not learn about warranties from Tommy Boy?

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
    Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
    Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
    Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
    Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
    [chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
    Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
    Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
    Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
    Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
    Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
    Tommy: Well, that's...
    Tommy, Richard Hayden: ...What?

If the repair cannot be done and the...

The key here is that repairs can ALWAYS be done in the modern age. If you have to weld it back into a solid block and then remachine it, it can be done. FA registered guns have all but proved that. So long as you find someone with the skill and more importantly you have the money to pay him... anything can be repaired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom