• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I take ownership of a new pistol tomorrow. Im going to buy a Colt AR6721 next. Will I have to wait 30 days to pick it up?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I take ownership of a new pistol tomorrow. Im going to buy a Colt AR6721 next. Will I have to wait 30 days to pick it up?

Applies only to handguns. You can buy as many MD non-banned rifles as you want in any 30 days, 30 hours or 30 minutes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Technically if you are taking advantage of a sale or deal (or the FFL says you are) you can purchase two regulated firearms at once (which are a handgun or the lower of a banned firearm. Because you can build a legal AR-15 from a lower, like an HBAR or a pistol, or build an AK pistol from an AK lower. Or maybe it is just that the named weapon was regulated, so it's lower is regulated. Maryland is dorked).

Catch us you have to wait 60 days to buy any more. Or get that designated collectors license. I just applied for mine finally. I got it for the future/hedge. Wife doesn't want me owning handguns now. She will likely relent some day. When she does, the FFL I like working with is nearly a 4hr round trip away and he will order/transfer anything I want at very reasonable prices. I do not want to be doing that shit every 30 days for months. I don't plan to buy a ton of guns, but I am really thinking a Ruger sr22, Armscor M4 .30sp or some kind of .357 and likely a Glock 17 or 19. There are other handguns I want, but that would likely keep me happy for a year plus.

Also a hedge against future legislative stupidity (MD or federal). I plan to buy another couple of AR-15 lowers at some point, but that'll likely (likely) cover all of the AR-15s configurations I'll ever want with what I already have. But screw it, I want the ability to run out and buy 10 at the drop of a hate if I am forced to.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just as a point of accuracy, the DC letter is not a license

It's a status.

Attachments

• dc status.jpg
      dc status.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 194
    Last edited:

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    I think he means covfefe

cav·il (kăv′əl)
    v. cav·iled, cav·il·ing, cav·ils also cav·illed or cav·il·ling
    v.intr.
    To argue or find fault over trivial matters; raise petty objections. See Synonyms at quibble.
    v.tr.

James Bond play on words.
    (I thought it was hilarious )

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    cav·il (kăv′əl)
    v. cav·iled, cav·il·ing, cav·ils also cav·illed or cav·il·ling
    v.intr.
    To argue or find fault over trivial matters; raise petty objections. See Synonyms at quibble.
    v.tr.

James Bond play on words.
    (I thought it was hilarious )

Thanks. I'm a scrabble guy. New words are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom