• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Many years ago, as part of my qualification for the Navy Expeditionary Warfare pin, I completed the Seabee Combat Handbook Vol I and II.
    It is a compilation of useful things stolen from the Army and Marines because obviously, the Seabees are a ground force. Rather than reinvent the wheel, they took the best and most relevant parts and made the handbook. Even today, it is useful and it's free.

If this link doesn't work well, it's available in a variety of other ways. Just Google it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    1708110816870.png

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Many years ago, as part of my qualification for the Navy Expeditionary Warfare pin, I completed the Seabee Combat Handbook Vol I and II.
    It is a compilation of useful things stolen from the Army and Marines because obviously, the Seabees are a ground force. Rather than reinvent the wheel, they took the best and most relevant parts and made the handbook. Even today, it is useful and it's free.

If this link doesn't work well, it's available in a variety of other ways. Just Google it.
    Seabees!! Man I have a good memory of them. Our Marine unit was tasked to provide perimeter security at Ponce Army base during the Cuban flotilla invasion. Ronald Reagan ordered they be picked up at sea and brought to Puerto Rico. The Seabees were tasked with building the camp where the Cubans would be held. Well the Seabees became good friends and they invited us Marines to their barracks that was on the beach at Rosevelt Rhodes Naval Station. It’s all a blur, all I can remember is going there to a keg party on the beach and waking up to a battlefield of drunken sailors and Marine's. After that we always volunteered for duty with the Seabees when they asked for support.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****I looked through that reference. It's amazing how detailed the instructions are on setting up and using equipment, especially stuff like packs, and belts, etc.. I guess it is to insure uniformity.

Good reference. I still have some old books I bought from the local Sunny Surplus Store - mostly survival stuff if one has to escape from a POW camp or are stuck in the wilderness after parachuting in - how to make a tent, fire, get water, make snares, etc.. Also first aid stuff. Hope to never have to actually use that knowledge in real life and perhaps die from Snu Snu on my wedding night as a really really old man with my young bride....

87486179.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom