• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would be open to offering my tools, jigs, and assistance on a one-on-one basis if anyone would like help getting their AK projects finished or moving along. We would have to work around my family's schedule and you can contact me through private message.

All receivers must be pre FSA 2013.
    There cannot be any making of new receivers from flats whatsoever.
    Do not show up at my house with unbent AK flats.

Last edited:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Damn, if only you were closer. I have a kit and a Nodak Spud receiver

Yeah, you are about 2 hours away. There are a few AK builders up your way. Maybe one of them will chime in here and offer you help getting started and then you finish it at the build party this fall.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    What a great offer. I may take you up on it. I have a little experience building AKs, but I wouldn't feel confident enough to put one together by myself.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    What a great offer. I may take you up on it. I have a little experience building AKs, but I wouldn't feel confident enough to put one together by myself.

Send me a PM and we can figure out a date that will work for both of us. I'm actually available tomorrow until 6PM and then I am hosting a dinner party at my house. If this works send me a PM and I will send you directions.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just one question.....Can you bend my flats? :) ehhhh that came out wrong :D

The only reason that I have put that discloser/tag line is because I am not willing to be the Maryland test case for bending AK flats after October 1, 2013. The MSP frequent this website and I am sure they are watching out for this sort of stuff.

Now my personal opinion is that you should be able to bend new AK flats if you are going to build a pistol or SBR with an approved Form 1 in hand... But like I said, I am not willing to be the test case - Sorry. :sad20:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Ragnar cannot make it tomorrow. Is thee anyone who wants to work on an AK tomorrow for a few hours. We can demill your parts kit, populate the barrel, rivet trunnions, sand blast and parkerize, etc. PM me and I will contact you.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    The only reason that I have put that discloser/tag line is because I am not willing to be the Maryland test case for bending AK flats after October 1, 2013. The MSP frequent this website and I am sure they are watching out for this sort of stuff.

Now my personal opinion is that you should be able to bend new AK flats if you are going to build a pistol or SBR with an approved Form 1 in hand... But like I said, I am not willing to be the test case - Sorry. :sad20:

I was totally kidding. I am right with you. I want a pistol in the worst way. I would love to do a pistol but I am not willing to go to jail over nonsense. I like my freedom way too much for that. do you know if anyone has successfully built a ak pistol on a form 1 or is that caught in the same blackhole ar pistols have found themselves in?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I was totally kidding. I am right with you. I want a pistol in the worst way. I would love to do a pistol but I am not willing to go to jail over nonsense. I like my freedom way too much for that. do you know if anyone has successfully built a ak pistol on a form 1 or is that caught in the same blackhole ar pistols have found themselves in?

You do not need a Form 1 to build a pistol. All you would need is a AK parts kit - The AK63D kits are perfect especially at $179. You would need to have a barrel, gas piston, gas tube, and furniture cut down to pistol length and then just a receiver and rivets to build upon.

I would highly recommend Pat McHenry to perform your machine work. He charges $150 to perform all of the machine work for a 9.5" AK pistol using all you supplied parts.

http://home.comcast.net/~restoreit1/Pistol_Conv.htm

IMG_0472.jpg

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I thought you could still bend a flat as long as the flat was already drilled out making it a firearm (>80%) before 10/1. If you purchased an 80% pre bent receiver and did not drill out the holes prior to 10/1, that should not be considered a firearm and would now be illegal to drill the holes.
    Confuses me when I see "No bending of flats allowed" should state "No new firearms can be manufactured" because there is more than one way to manufacture a firearm from an 80% blank. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I thought you could still bend a flat as long as the flat was already drilled out making it a firearm (>80%) before 10/1. If you purchased an 80% pre bent receiver and did not drill out the holes prior to 10/1, that should not be considered a firearm and would now be illegal to drill the holes.
    Confuses me when I see "No bending of flats allowed" should state "No new firearms can be manufactured" because there is more than one way to manufacture a firearm from an 80% blank. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The date of this OP was over a week ago. I am going to talk to a lawyer this eek. Things may change depending on ho comfortable I feel about people coming to my home and bending flats into receivers... My shop - My freedom - My rules.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I agree with you. Your place, your rules. Just wanted to clarify as I have a few receivers that were 80% (some previously bent, some flats) prior to drilling out the holes or bending them making them a firearm. I documented the process the best I could to be able to prove I made them prior to Oct. 1.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning how to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom