Only TWO posts about #2ATuesday on Facebook!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2n3904

Dec 26, 2012
    MoCo
    Hey Everyone!

I just checked the Facebook Page for #2ATuesday, and there are only TWO posts about the rally tomorrow from people, not counting Andi and Del. Mike. If you have a Facebook account PLEASE spread the word!

Facebook's demographic is the 20-somethings that will be casting votes in upcoming elections, and the tide is turning as they realize the extent the Government is trampling on their liberties!

If you want Facebook to realize what's going on, you need to do three things!

1. Write a post, and include "#2ATuesday" without quotes.
    2. Make sure the post's visibility is set to "Public"
    3. Go to https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/2atuesday and make sure your post shows up! (If not, it's probably a privacy setting you can fix!)

PLEASE take the time to spread the word! Hitting social media is SO important, and it only takes a few moments! Here's a sample if you need inspiration!

Come voice your support of the 2nd Amendment tomorrow in Annapolis! #2ATuesday

2n3904

Dec 26, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm trying to imagine George Washington and the First Continental Congress going, "Oh man... Britain just isn't listening to us. Plus, it'll be cold tomorrow. Might as well do nothing."

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    thought the hashtag was only for twitter ( yes I know FB uses them to) I was posting it on FB for weeks without it

2n3904

Dec 26, 2012
    MoCo
    The hashtag is for everything! Stickers, Facebook, Twitter, teeshirts! That's how you get information out these days, you create a channel of discussion!

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This is what I posted on my FB page:

"Tomorrow, February 4th, 2014 is 2A Tuesday. There will be a rally at Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis to show support for the 2nd Amendment freedoms that everyone in this country enjoys... except for those of us that live in Maryland. As many of my friends know, I am a proponent of 2nd Amendment Rights. I am not a "gun nut". I believe that everyone has a God-given Right to self protection. Our legislators in Annapolis have repeatedly ignored the voice of the people of this State by passing "feel good" laws that do nothing but burden the law-abiding citizens with more fees and taxes. More hoops to jump through to exercise an enumerated Right in the Bill of Rights. Chasing businesses away from our State that contribute to our economy, so that the average citizen has to pay more. If you have no problem with paying MORE taxes, I will be glad to send you my tax bill.

Gun ownership is not for everyone and I can respect those who choose not to own firearms. Millions of people go about their daily lives carrying a firearm at their side for protection. Ordinary citizens. Their are over 40 States that allow this practice with little or no government regulation to do so. Maryland is one of the most restrictive States in the U.S., and we still have crime rates far higher than the States that allow their citizens to carry weapons,both open and concealed, for their protection. Where is all the "blood running in the streets" in those States?, other than from criminals who choose not to obey the laws. Responsible gun owners are those that take the time to become educated and learn the "do s" and "don't s" of firearm safety and ownership. If you think that guns should be taken away and the 2nd Amendment abolished, then may I suggest you be arrested for voicing your opinion of my post. I value my 2nd Amendment Right just as you value the Right that you are given, in the 1st Amendment, to free speech.

Please join me in Annapolis tomorrow to show the legislators of Maryland that you support your Constitutional Rights and are willing to stand up and be counted. Show them that we are a force to be reckoned with and the 2014 elections are just around the corner. The forecast for tomorrow is Winter. The erosion of your Rights do not wait for fair weather. These laws affect all of us, regardless of which side of the political aisle you are on. If you cannot be there tomorrow, contact your representatives in the House and Senate and let them know that you support 2nd Amendment Rights, for they protect the rest of YOUR Constitutional Rights. Be sure to REGISTER TO VOTE!!!! When contacting your representatives in Annapolis, let them know your are a registered voter and you vote. They DO confirm that you ARE a REGISTERED VOTER.

Thank you for allowing me my 1st Amendment Right to free speech in asking for help in the fight to keep my 2nd Amendment Right to "keep and bear arms"...and may God bless you."

Feel free to share.

ETA > My profile is set to "public" and my post has already been viewed and shared by many.

2n3904

Dec 26, 2012
    MoCo
    That's an amazing post... but the only people who will see it are your friends! Set the post to public, and edit it to include #2ATuesday!

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Bundle him up and bring him along. The Rights we fight for are his as well...:thumbsup:

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I have been trying to get it out on the MarylandWillNotForget Facebook page and Twitter, but I can't do more than just friends on my personal FB page at this time. Been trying to get a couple posts and tweets a day as time allows.

Mark

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Hey Everyone!

I just checked the Facebook Page for #2ATuesday, and there are only TWO posts about the rally tomorrow from people, not counting Andi and Del. Mike. If you have a Facebook account PLEASE spread the word!

Facebook's demographic is the 20-somethings that will be casting votes in upcoming elections, and the tide is turning as they realize the extent the Government is trampling on their liberties!

If you want Facebook to realize what's going on, you need to do three things!

1. Write a post, and include "#2ATuesday" without quotes.
    2. Make sure the post's visibility is set to "Public"
    3. Go to https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/2atuesday and make sure your post shows up! (If not, it's probably a privacy setting you can fix!)

PLEASE take the time to spread the word! Hitting social media is SO important, and it only takes a few moments! Here's a sample if you need inspiration!

I do NOT do hashtags but I do share or like the posts from Andi, Mike, MSI and all the other groups in my newsfeed. My friends have been well saturated.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    ha ha ha, i have posted on the events and MSI notices for the last month on FB. contacted Emily Miller and Dan Bongino who also added to FB and other media sources. if it isn't coming through, i suspect the media is doing what the IRS did to conservative tax exempts (omission by selection). sigh. :smoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom