• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I'm thinking about open carrying in martinsburg while I'm waiting on my CHL to come and maybe when I feel like carrying a full size gun. What do I need to know or watch out for? I know that if I'm asked to leave a place I must. Anything else?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Twenty some odd years ago, when I was a salesman, Martinsburg was in my territory. Downtown, it was nothing to see people Mexican carrying on the streets. There was some bad areas there. I don't know what is like anymore since I only stop one place off of route 9 now.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I wonder when folks in VA and WV will grow tired of marylanders prancing around their towns showing off their combat jewelry.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Well I will probably cc mostly but it takes about 3 weeks for the CHL to come back. So for a few more weeks if I want to carry it will be oc

Dec 6, 2011
    If law abiding folks want to exercise their right AND put the fear of God into criminals AND spend their money in my town, I'd be happy to have them.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    And my drivers license says West Virginia, but I'll always be fine with the law abiding carrying a pistol open or concealed.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    I open carry in the shop all the time and since it is summertime, I open carry everywhere I go in WV. No problems at all. Dress like your respectable and be respectful goes a long way. Open carrying with Certain Tee shirts I have seen for sale at gunshows will probably not be a good idea. Martinsburg city recently had to change their laws to abide by the preemptive state law. I believe LEO's need a reason to believe you are breaking a law to ask you about the OC. Most around Martinsburg Area are gun friendly.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I open carry in the shop all the time and since it is summertime, I open carry everywhere I go in WV. No problems at all. Dress like your respectable and be respectful goes a long way. Open carrying with Certain Tee shirts I have seen for sale at gunshows will probably not be a good idea. Martinsburg city recently had to change their laws to abide by the preemptive state law. I believe LEO's need a reason to believe you are breaking a law to ask you about the OC. Most around Martinsburg Area are gun friendly.

After posting over on open carry .org forum, I dont think open carry is worth it until I have my CHL

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    normally going to and from the various matches I do at peacemaker, I open carry a handgun. I stop from time to time at gas stations and restaurants along the way and have had no issues.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Thank you. I've been on wvcdl site a lot lately. I don't have facebook though. Hopefully my CHL will be back soon. They said normally it takes 3 weeks and Friday should make two weeks. Once my CHL comes back I will probably cc but can oc and not worry about it.

I OC a good bit, but CC as well... Unlike OCT, you'd be surprised @ the feedback and discussions that have arisen from it!

My CHL renewal took 26 hours... If you didn't catch the latest news, now CHL holders can bypass the NICS check for purchases! :thumbsup:

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I OC a good bit, but CC as well... Unlike OCT, you'd be surprised @ the feedback and discussions that have arisen from it!

My CHL renewal took 26 hours... If you didn't catch the latest news, now CHL holders can bypass the NICS check for purchases! :thumbsup:

What is OCT?

I'm excited about the NICS exemption, but wish there were more funds so I could utilize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom