• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    MPD might harass you for OC in the inner city parts but its pretty relaxed out and around the county. I remember when I moved up here, people would OC long guns like nothing. You don't see it often anymore.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    MPD might harass you for OC in the inner city parts but its pretty relaxed out and around the county. I remember when I moved up here, people would OC long guns like nothing. You don't see it often anymore.

Martinsburg fell in line with SB317 pretty quickly... if they're harassing anyone, pass it along to folks in the WVCDL, or me if you don't know anyone else. I chat with the folks on the board almost daily.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Open carried tonight for the first time. My cover garments werre in the washer and I felt like carrying my Beretta 92. The lady at bedbathandbeyond was looking down then up several times according to my wife but no dirty looks or anything really. Went in to target to get milk for my son and had no issue. I prefer concealing but it was nice to have a full size pistol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    This is all good to know. Just moved to Shepherdstown! Will be getting CHL, but glad to know I'll be fine OC'ing the 1911 or 229 around town if I want.

Related topic - anyone know if my valid Utah permit meets WV training requirements? I doubt it but can't hurt to ask.

P.S. I know, I know- ancient thread.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    This is all good to know. Just moved to Shepherdstown! Will be getting CHL, but glad to know I'll be fine OC'ing the 1911 or 229 around town if I want.

Related topic - anyone know if my valid Utah permit meets WV training requirements? I doubt it but can't hurt to ask.

P.S. I know, I know- ancient thread.

I'm pretty sure West Virginia requires a live fire portion for training, and as a resident of West Virginia your Utah permit is no longer good there for you, I figure you know it but figured I was already typing so I might as well add it too.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I'm pretty sure West Virginia requires a live fire portion for training, and as a resident of West Virginia your Utah permit is no longer good there for you, I figure you know it but figured I was already typing so I might as well add it too.

Yeah I figured I was SOL with the live fire requirement. I,call the Sheriff's office tomorrow and see what they suggest for local chl training.

And 10-4 on Utah not being in good for a wv resident in wv.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    What training do you already have? My NRA RSO certificate worked for me. I included a copy of my MD hunters safety card and MD pistol safety card for good measure. It's a pretty easy process, but it does take a little longer than buying a pistol in MD, about 4 weeks. Shoot me a pm am dill share some of my knowledge I have gained since may as a wv resident.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    What training do you already have? My NRA RSO certificate worked for me. I included a copy of my MD hunters safety card and MD pistol safety card for good measure. It's a pretty easy process, but it does take a little longer than buying a pistol in MD, about 4 weeks. Shoot me a pm am dill share some of my knowledge I have gained since may as a wv resident.

Both of you, WVCDL! :whip:

We're pushing for 3-22 Carry in this legislative session (3-22 is the portion of the WV Constitution regarding our right to keep and bear arms), backed by the NRA. Think Constitutional Carry in WV, but retaining the CHL process to retain our reciprocity with all current reciprocating states! We need every 2A/3-22 supporting citizen of WV behind this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom