• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Technically, the MD Wear & Carry permit allows both open and concealed carry, but prior to the Bruen decision by SCOTUS, MD was a May Issue state and rarely did so.
    Technically, it doesn't state concealed or open carry. That being said, open carry not being listed as Illegal, means it is legal until law states otherwise.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    Self explanatory.

9/13/22. Starbucks Pasadena/Ritchie hwy. Talked to the guy. Said he was the owner of Sure Shot Firearms in Pasadena. Shirt tucked in behind IWB.
    Definitely wasn’t the owner of sure shot because I am the owner of sure shot and never use an IWB nor do I go to Starbucks. Just had a customer tell me about this post so here I am to set the record straight. Please describe said person who claimed to be me. I’m pretty distinguishable. 6’5” 285lbs, sleeve tattoos. Only time I tuck in my shirt is if I’m wearing a suit

Last edited:

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    This thread just took an interesting turn. Lol. I just want to say I did a transfer through Joe just before the Tyranny Act of 2013 kicked in and glad to hear he is still around. I called him Fishy Joe (no offense) because he ran his operation out of the back of an auto repair shop. I always wondered what customers thought when they came in for auto parts and didn't know it was a shared space and saw guns on the counter or being handled.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Definitely wasn’t the owner of sure shot because I am the owner of sure shot and never use an IWB nor do I go to Starbucks. Just had a customer tell me about this post so here I am to set the record straight. Please describe said person who claimed to be me. I’m pretty distinguishable. 6’5” 285lbs, sleeve tattoos. Only time I tuck in my shirt is if I’m wearing a suit
    Yeah he wasn't you. He could have said he owned a "gun shop" instead.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That's awesome! I transferred a couple of stripped lowers through you back before the 2013 madness went into effect. I figured that had killed off most of our smaller dealers. Glad you're still around.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    This thread just took an interesting turn. Lol. I just want to say I did a transfer through Joe just before the Tyranny Act of 2013 kicked in and glad to hear he is still around. I called him Fishy Joe (no offense) because he ran his operation out of the back of an auto repair shop. I always wondered what customers thought when they came in for auto parts and didn't know it was a shared space and saw guns on the counter or being handled.
    Lol. Being Pasadena, I gained a few customers that way. “Oh you guys sell guns too?” Sharing the space was a way around the “brick and mortar” requirement since this was always part time for me. I knew the owner of Absolute for about 12 years back then and he volunteered his space. I am actually in the process of transferring the business over to the current owner of Absolute which means they will be a full time gun business.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If he said he owned a gun shop, why did you add in the sure shot part?
    Because gun shop and sure shot could sound the same as someone is walking away from you. I would have testified to sure shot tho. He could have said " I work at worth a shot". Same reason I posted IWB when it was one of those ghey kydex OWB with a waving flag on it LOL
    Hell, why would someone say they own a gun shop if someone asked them if they were on MDShooters?
    I look out for him next time and ask. Probably won't see him again now lol

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Or Yakkity Sax

There was no one like Benny Hill,,, I just watched the whole clip to get a glimpse of Diana Darvey

darvey.JPG

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Spotted my first open carrier today. I was on the ramp from the NB B.W. Parkway to the Outer Loop. Some douche nozzle on a crotch rocket passed me to my left, cut between me and the car in front of me and passed a few more on the right. He had a large frame stainless steel semi in a thigh holster on his right leg. He had something on his left leg that may have been mags or may even have been another gun. The way he was riding, a gun fight is probably not what's going to end his life...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Spotted my first open carrier today. I was on the ramp from the NB B.W. Parkway to the Outer Loop. Some douche nozzle on a crotch rocket passed me to my left, cut between me and the car in front of me and passed a few more on the right. He had a large frame stainless steel semi in a thigh holster on his right leg. He had something on his left leg that may have been mags or may even have been another gun. The way he was riding, a gun fight is probably not what's going to end his life...
    This is sad and funny at the same time

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is sad and funny at the same time
    The sad thing is that his guns would be wrecked by Road Rash. Probably trash his femurs too. With luck, some organs would be salvageable, so not a total loss to society.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Interesting that he’s carrying on his right thigh, while on a motorcycle. He cant really access it while riding, as your right hand controls the gas.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    We used to buy carpet pad from a guy who seemed to work out of his truck. Israeli I think. Every delivery was COD. He always open carried. This was 3-4 years ago. The boss never noticed the gun/holster dangling from his left hip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom