• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So what was the final conclusion about CC at the airport? Is this a good summary:

1) If we line-up at the checkpoint to get to SIDA, then we're in trouble.
    2) If we walk around inside of the airport, but on the insecure side, then we're pushing it and will likely be in trouble if we're found.
    3) If we drive through the traffic loop and surrounding areas (cell phone lot and streets to/from), then we're probably OK. If we get pulled over and they become aware of the firearm, would we get in trouble?
    4) If we stop in front of the terminal and get out to help load bags into the car, would we get in trouble if an officer sees the gun?
    It's legal to carry inside up to the check in counters. Otherwise everyone checking a firearm in is breaking the law.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    It's legal to carry inside up to the check in counters. Otherwise everyone checking a firearm in is breaking the law.

COMAR makes an exception for those:

COMAR 11.03.01.09(C), which is in the Transportation regs specifically pertaining to BWI, reads:

C. Weapons.
    (1) Weapons, except those properly packaged for shipment, are prohibited.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I didn't know if this should go here , or the Concealing in Car thread , but yesterday had a quasi sighting .

I didn't see the literal gun , but the circumstantial was strong .

In front of office bld that's mainly medical offices . Gentlemen at rear of his car ( Mini Cooper ) with rear hatch open .

At this point from where I'm parking my truck , my Spidey Peripheral Radar kicks in , and I watch him quickly pull something from his right hip . and quickly move hand to where his left hand is holding up the cargo area carpet , snd take a few seconds moving right hand around . He then smoothes out the carpet , closes hatch , locks car , and goes inside . Guessing either an early Dr appt , or the Credit Union on ground floor .

I don't know Mini Coopers , but from the context , I'll guess there is some sort of storage area under the rear cargo floor .

Certainly would be well hidden once in there . and probably overlooked by casual smash and grab thiefs .

But the weakness is the un and reholstering standing at the rear hatch .

For a demographic data point , this was an older ( retired ? ) Black Gentleman .
    Darn, I was hoping it was me. I qualify (almost) except for the black thing. Yes, MINI
    Coopers do have a storage area under the cargo floor that is pretty well hidden, and is a perfect spot for a pistol safe. Or several. :brows:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I was driving back from a gig in Florida last week (that damn tropical storm chased me all the way to the beltway!), and stopped at countless Circle Ks and other WaWa-like, Sheetz-ish establishments. Saw multiple open carriers. Most looked like guys who pulled up in a work truck or other hard-working-out-in-the-world kind of folks. South Caroline won with three sightings in just a couple of hours. Though SC allows me to open carry there with my MD permit, I kept it under a shirt, IWB. It was nice to carry in SC, NC, VA, and MD. Haven't gotten around to a FL permit yet, so could have it in the vehicle but locked away while there. Need to fix that - who makes non-funeral surprise trips to Florida right when a hurricane is hitting? Me, apparently.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was driving back from a gig in Florida last week (that damn tropical storm chased me all the way to the beltway!), and stopped at countless Circle Ks and other WaWa-like, Sheetz-ish establishments. Saw multiple open carriers. Most looked like guys who pulled up in a work truck or other hard-working-out-in-the-world kind of folks. South Caroline won with three sightings in just a couple of hours. Though SC allows me to open carry there with my MD permit, I kept it under a shirt, IWB. It was nice to carry in SC, NC, VA, and MD. Haven't gotten around to a FL permit yet, so could have it in the vehicle but locked away while there. Need to fix that - who makes non-funeral surprise trips to Florida right when a hurricane is hitting? Me, apparently.
    So, nothing in Maryland.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, nothing in Maryland.
    Of course not! That's my contributions to the "no sightings" part of the thread. The contrast between here in The Free State and me just driving through the Carolinas at 80mph (with bathroom/gas stops) was pretty damn dramatic.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Of course not! That's my contributions to the "no sightings" part of the thread. The contrast between here in The Free State and me just driving through the Carolinas at 80mph (with bathroom/gas stops) was pretty damn dramatic.
    The most creative no sighting post of the thread! Perfect! LOL

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    IMHO. Open carry just feels like unwrapped presents under the tree or walking around with your pants down. I mean, why ruin your surprise. Admittedly, I haven’t been to any of the new CCW Md classes, but I wonder if they incorporate/ practice weapons retention drills. Still, open carry puts a giant target on you to anyone looking for trouble/ lib-confrontation/ etc. I feel this way about LEOs that do the same thing. “Never lay your cards on the table, speak softly and carry a big stick”.
    I call BGOS...open carry doesn't put any larger target on you than not carrying. Please enlighten us on how many people that open carry in other states that have been doing it way longer than Maryland, have been the first one shot by a bad guy?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I call BGOS...open carry doesn't put any larger target on you than not carrying. Please enlighten us on how many people that open carry in other states that have been doing it way longer than Maryland, have been the first one shot by a bad guy?
    Also................... I challenge anyone to casually see both sides of people's hips out in a public place.
    A bad guy walking around checking out 360 degrees of people in a place should come up on your awareness radar and deal appropriately.
    Don't get me started on the weapon grab issue too. Everyone is going to be shot first and have their pistol taken out of their holster.

Thing is, this will all be discussed Ad Nauseum and come OCT. 1, 2023, there will be no open carry. So all this BS was for nothing.

ACB

Oct 20, 2022
    MD
    I have flown a lot with a pistol. if you're picking someone up your fine. keep it hidden because I'm sure it would cause a commotion.
    if your flying, i would not go to check and pull out your CCW and unload it. LOL

if you're flying i put my two pistols in one locked box and ammo in another. i leave everything unlocked until she tells me what to do at counter. they want to see its unloaded so i lock the slide back. she writes a ticket for you to fill out, lock everything up and you're on your way.

Md is a breeze. FL has a whole separate x ray station that you have to stand there and be Oked to leave after scan. it can take a good few minutes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have flown a lot with a pistol. if you're picking someone up your fine. keep it hidden because I'm sure it would cause a commotion.
    if your flying, i would not go to check and pull out your CCW and unload it. LOL

if you're flying i put my two pistols in one locked box and ammo in another. i leave everything unlocked until she tells me what to do at counter. they want to see its unloaded so i lock the slide back. she writes a ticket for you to fill out, lock everything up and you're on your way.

Md is a breeze. FL has a whole separate x ray station that you have to stand there and be Oked to leave after scan. it can take a good few minutes.
    Which Florida airport? They all aren't the same.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD

Pretty sure this has been beaten to death on 5 flying with firearms threads in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom