• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    First of all. I have never in my life seen a deer like that weight that much.

Second of all, if you have to talk like that then go somewhere else. I am not being a Duck ( I am quaking at your immaturity however )

I got my 8 pointer this past shotgun season which is twice the size of that little deer being discussed at it only weighed in at 133 on an actual calibrated scale, so, if you think you're going to pass that little deer off at 130 pounds, you got more Shyt with you than a sewer plant partner.

NOW, if you can factually prove to me that the deer weighed 130 pounds dressed and not tell us that, "it weighed at least 130" then we'll believe you. I don't much give a rats ass what you "think it atleast weighed" I know what a deer that size actually weighs on average from actually weighing them and not "guesstimating" what it at least weighs. "Atleast" is nothing more than eyeballing a level line.

I think you may have a bad case of "rear view mirror syndrome" which makes objects appear larger than they actually are. I'd suggest Hour Eyes or Lasik Plus to correct your problem. Maybe it's the Camera Adds Extra Pounds Syndrome. I don't know, but, it ain't truth.

There is no blind fold, or enough magic fairy dust in this world that is ever going to make me, or anyone else believe, that deer weighed 130 dressed.

As Mr. Purdue used to say, "That's just crazy talk".

Since you seem to know everything go sit in your car and get an education. Its a passanger side mirror that makes objects larger than they appear not a rear view mirror. Check your facts Jack.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Just be happy you got a deer...Ive shot many different sized deer...thats not a huge deer by any means...its not small either Id say its average sized 1.5 to 2.5 year old deer. A good taxidermist should be able to get a close weight by looking at it from pics...but dont discredit all the seasoned deer hunters on this site. I'm sorry but I like others here I dont see that deer weighing in at your estimate of close to 160...No way..

http://www.askthemeatman.com/estimate_deer_weight.htm

jmitche4

Jan 25, 2012
    Yeah I don't give that Doe a day over being a Yearling. Compared to the kid in the picture that doe is probably not 1.5 years old.

Listen up, I am telling you what the butcher told me when I took it there, this is what I am going off. I honestly don't care what the deer weighs, it is meat in the freezer. Also, the deer was not a yearling. I may not have as much time in the woods as you have, but I am pretty knowledgeable about hunting. And while deer hunting is not my forte I do know how to age a deer. My estimate is about 2.5 years old, but I am sure that will be contested as well.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    It's because the butcher charges by the pound..... wait a sec and I'll show you a BIG doe.......
    Here's a filler while I find the pic:

tumblr_lergty8sew1qatdhuo1_400.jpg

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Listen up, I am telling you what the butcher told me when I took it there, this is what I am going off. I honestly don't care what the deer weighs, it is meat in the freezer. Also, the deer was not a yearling. I may not have as much time in the woods as you have, but I am pretty knowledgeable about hunting. And while deer hunting is not my forte I do know how to age a deer. My estimate is about 2.5 years old, but I am sure that will be contested as well.

No worries dude, we were just reacting to your buddy who got a little over-exuberant in his response. I think the butcher needs to recalibrate his scale, but that's a nice doe for sure and will be good eating all winter.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    now I return you to your regularly scheduled program:
    Here's the biggest bitch of a doe you will ever see ; my friends' - Dave is 6', 250 -this doe is more than160 I'm guessing...
    023.jpg

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yeah, I am looking and backing off 160 - but I hung it from the joists to the concrete in my garage with my wife's help - it was a long doe for sure..
    Folks, you probably get only up to 40% meat to pounds on the hoof.
    So your 120 pound carcass gets you at most 50 ish pounds of meat.
    Someone correct me, but is that filleted (deboned) meat, so 50 lbs of pure meat (minus pcs of bullets, plastic tips and followers from PowerBelt m/L bullets (not mine).
    Another reason to butcher my own - I remove what my eye tells me ...

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I got 40lbs boneless off my last two 95lb dressed does from the butcher. No loss because it was double lung through the ribs. They do a phenomenal job though. I am doing my own now just because I'm trying to save money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom