• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Question - If living in a total Republican area of Maryland, does it still help to be a DINO? Or is it better to remain republican and support those R's who voted against the bill?

You can still vote in statewide office primaries as a DINO. I guess if you think there is a real risk that you need to vote in the Republican primary than don't change your registration.

GB_user

Jan 22, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    OP Dino Stats

I've been patiently waiting for the MD Voter Registration statistics to be updated for March and April to see if the DINO movement has had any effect. Looks like they are now online here:

http://elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/monthly.html

After a quick scan I can't really see anything that points to noticeable changes. Maybe I was expecting too much after seing the thousands of people down in Annapolis. Am I missing something in the numbers that might prove some success?

Last edited:

JMS79

Apr 6, 2013
    Parkville
    Really, nothing much noticeable in the short term (past couple months). But if you look at a grander scale, Maryland is becoming more "Democrat" and more "Unaffiliated". I compared the November 2012 numbers vs the May 2013 numbers. Now whether these newly found Democrats are DINOs or true Democrats (unfortunately more likely this) it remains to be seen come election time. But the biggest upticks are in Baltimore Co (~4400), PG (~5K) and Montgomery Counties (~11K).

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Your going to need to look in a few places to try to find a pattern.

If DINO is working you should see a drop in independents and Republicans along with a raise in Democrats.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    I switched in April, still waiting on my membership card and decoder ring...

Hmm. You might want to check on that and make sure you're actually getting processed. I think it was April when I switched and I got my card about a month later. Got no decoder ring, though. ;)

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I changed to D but it took way longer than expected for them to send me my new card. They said at max it would be 1 month and it actually took 2. Guess MSP aren't the only ones behind on their paperwork.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I changed to D but it took way longer than expected for them to send me my new card. They said at max it would be 1 month and it actually took 2. Guess MSP aren't the only ones behind on their paperwork.

Only behind in paperwork for law abiding citizens. If you were doing something illegal like a registering a non citizen, or getting multiple registrations, or registering dead people then the paperwork would be processed right away.

While the 7 day wait has grown to 100+ days for legal gun buyers the people buying illegal guns have no wait at all.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    It's not that delayed.

Only behind in paperwork for law abiding citizens. If you were doing something illegal like a registering a non citizen, or getting multiple registrations, or registering dead people then the paperwork would be processed right away.

While the 7 day wait has grown to 100+ days for legal gun buyers the people buying illegal guns have no wait at all.

I call BS. I switched to L from R online (no DINO/RINO for me, played those games last two elections) and I got my card within a week.

I think my friend who switched to Pirate still hasn't gotten his card.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I was on the Derek Hunter show today and plugged "operation Dino" and This site in general.

It was hard after 30 years as an R to change to a D but I am doing my part....are you.

NOBODY

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No worries. If you're in a heavy Dem district, that D will help you and everyone else a lot more than that R does. You can switch back as much as you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom