• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings all, 1st time user with a provenance question. I own a sig Sauer 229, .40 S&W Operation Iraqi Freedom Commemorative WPN.
    It is #1 0f 2003. I still cannot the Combat Brother of mine sold it to me. Wondering if anyone can help me get this "legit". I have no box, papers, etc... I am sure it is worth $$ just curious if anyone can ballpark it with no other supporting documentation. Thanks, Paul. AIRBORNE!!!

Last edited:

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    It's illegal to do a face to face handgun transfer in the state of Maryland.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    You posted under Tyler Firearms. In another post from another dealer, I believe they (Tyler) are charged as IP's for these posts. IP's are Industry Partners and the pay to be here. I suggest you move your post to Handguns.
    One is for sale on gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=446914264

We don't pay for posts, or at least I haven't gotten the bill yet...LOL. It might be a yearly thing, though.

Anyone is free to post in our forum. We would prefer to discuss things about us and our guns, but we believe in freedom of speech, at the same time.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Greetings all, 1st time user with a provenance question. I own a sig Sauer 229, .40 S&W Operation Iraqi Freedom Commemorative WPN.
    It is #1 0f 2003. I still cannot the Combat Brother of mine sold it to me. Wondering if anyone can help me get this "legit". I have no box, papers, etc... I am sure it is worth $$ just curious if anyone can ballpark it with no other supporting documentation. Thanks, Paul. AIRBORNE!!!

As matt pointed out, you cannot do a face-to-face transfer of a handgun in Maryland - only long guns. You can, however, conduct the transfer through a dealer or through Maryland State Police directly. If it wasn't a Sig, I would be interested in buying it. There might be another IP on here that might want to get it from you, though.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-- 31B, 25U and soon to be 31E

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    To the OP (Original Poster) go ahead and introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum.
    Glad to know I am not burning Tylers money and I picked up the wrong end of the stick from another thread.

OP looks to be military from Minnesota, but he could be in the Peoples Republic. What he meant by "I cannot" is unclear, but my take was he bought it from another soldier and "making it legit" was trying to get box papers etc. not sell it on a street corner.

The link on gunbroker shows a gun with a giant Billboard "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in white that would make the guy who stamps the import stamp on Century Arms proud.

If he does want to sell it, well there are Sig collectors and Iraq vets. For the rest of us Iraq leaves a bad taste in our mouths and we may well see Operation 2 in the near future. There was an auction posted in the C&R section today. I swear I saw a commemorative Colt 45 acp that sold for 800. A fancy colt, series 70 with a box for less you could buy new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom