• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Does anyone here own left-handed Ruger 10/22? Do you like them? How's the accuracy? Are they worth the extra cost in your opinion? Uses for it are in the Modern American Rimfire Series matches. They seem popular in the Appleseed matches as well so that's an option as well. Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,

Leo

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I could be wrong but I’d think a left handed 10/22 would work as good as my right handed one. Out of the box they are a fine pinker and I left mine stock for 20ish years. Changed the barrel, stock and trigger and it was a totally different gun. After market is very strong on 10/22

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I shoot long-guns left handed (left eye dominant), and I can't say that the extra cost (aside from a bolt-action) is worth it to get a dedicated LH gun, to me. The spent/ejecting brass doesn't get in the way or smack me in the face/head (aside from bullpups, which I shoot RH then).

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Note that most aftermarket barrels are right-handed, meaning the extractor cut will be on the right so cases eject to the right.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Thank you all for your response. The left handed Ruger 10/22 is intriguing as the descriptions sound like upgraded components that I did to my right handed 10/22, lol!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thank you all for your response. The left handed Ruger 10/22 is intriguing as the descriptions sound like upgraded components that I did to my right handed 10/22, lol!
    My 12yro son is a lefty. He shoots 10/22s competitively (albeit not in a precision context). He uses normal 10/22s. He doesn't care about brass flying in front of his face. Losing parts compatibility and having to use special magazines is just not worth it.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I concur, both my son and I are lefties and never had an issue shooting right hand 10/22s
    My 12yro son is a lefty. He shoots 10/22s competitively (albeit not in a precision context). He uses normal 10/22s. He doesn't care about brass flying in front of his face. Losing parts compatibility and having to use special magazines is just not worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom