• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Personally, I wouldn’t pocket carry on any occasion. Any gun small enough to pocket carry would be more comfortable (to me) carried IWB. Any gun too small to IWB carry is not a gun I would want to carry for firepower reasons. I would look towards a PF9, PM9, or LCP and get a good little IWB holster for it.

Personally, one of my favorite IWB holsters I’ve found, to date, has been the IWB offered by N82Tactical. http://n82tactical.com/

Extremely comfortable, well made, and reasonably priced.
    I am going to order this holster for my Glock 26. Thanks for the link.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I am going to order this holster for my Glock 26. Thanks for the link.

:thumbsup: No sweat. I have one for my G19 and I really like it. I have a few crossbreed type IWB holsters that are okay but I don't prefer having two contact points for my belt. I feel that it pulls away from my waist more than is necessary. the N82 holster only has one contact point which I really like. The holster also disperses the weight of the gun well. There's no uncomfortable contact points on your body at all. The G19's grip is a little long for me when I'm wearing just a tshirt, but I think a G26 would disappear completely. I plan to pick one up soon! :party29:

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Well, i ruled out pocket carry for the G26 after further research and experimenting.....just not with this gun. I do like the concept for smaller irons, like an LCP, etc. What i ended up with is the standard Fobus G26 paddle holster. Tried several IWB/OWB and settled on this one. Very small, super light and its 100% designed for the G26. Hides well enough with a tee and button up shirt. Its really tight so far, but i hope it will loosen up with time and use. I still have the Miami Classic which is acutally for my P89, but fits the G26 very well also...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i carried a berretta .32 tomcat in the summer months in TX. Looked like a wallet..7shots, yeah they might be little but it will be enough of a distraction to get away...also it has a heavy trigger and safety to prevent shooting yourself...:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I already have a dangerous weapon in my pocket... :brows:

Sorry, 3 pages and it was still on track, I couldn't help myself. :D

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    :thumbsup: No sweat. I have one for my G19 and I really like it. I have a few crossbreed type IWB holsters that are okay but I don't prefer having two contact points for my belt. I feel that it pulls away from my waist more than is necessary. the N82 holster only has one contact point which I really like. The holster also disperses the weight of the gun well. There's no uncomfortable contact points on your body at all. The G19's grip is a little long for me when I'm wearing just a tshirt, but I think a G26 would disappear completely. I plan to pick one up soon! :party29:

Felt the same way about the crossbreed, but after wearing it out in the hot and rain of Florida, it melted into my back after a few trips out. I'm crossposting a bit, but it held up great in a full day's rain on a bike. I saw the single-contact N82 holsters and liked them. Thanks for the links. Will try one out, for sure. The crossbreed is nice, but having more options is good.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a holster than will hold tight without a belt?

That's my big complaint with the crossbreeds - I need to wear a belt with them. I have the Remorra/Sticky holster and they work in limited conditions (not a bike ride or any "active" movement scenario). Normally I'll wear with shorts and a t-shirt or polo. Maybe long pants, but then I'd wear a belt anyway. I'm looking for something that would work with board/cargo shorts and no belt while being "active".

The unfortunate thing for me is that when I carry, it is usually during activity - biking, picking up items for the house, meeting people in dark alleys...

Near the house I feel safer (irrational, perhaps, but true). So it's the long trips when I leave the island that I carry. And those usually involve more than walking around.

Ideas welcome.

Hope I'm not viewed as thread-jacking. It looks like OP got his answer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom