• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The few occasions when I have felt a need to carry, I have used a Remorra at IWB/4-5 o'clock. It holds pretty good, but in the heat it can slick out. I have a Super-tuck and it also works IWB. The problem with the super-tuck is it doesn't work with me and board-shorts.

For pocket carry, it's baggy pockets and the Sig P238. It works just fine with with anything that covers the trigger, and the safety adds a measure of reassurance. I will drop that .380 into the lower pockets of my shorts. It bangs around every now and then, but generally I can ignore it.

There is a Remorra clone out there called "Sticky" or something. Got one of those, too. Don't like it as much as the Remorra, but it's cheaper and more available in the stores. It works OK.

I know, I just demonstrated how uncool I am by only occasionally carrying a .380 with a safety. Whatever. I don't carry much, but when I do it's at a family place in Florida and frankly I only do it when I leave the immediate area. The house is at the beach, so carrying a gun gets in the way of the "tactical gulf dip" you feel like taking for the hell of it, at random times.

Everything is a compromise when you have to carry. If I am in pants and plan ahead, I'll go super-tuck. Otherwise it's the Remorra or a pocket rig. I really don't put much thought into this when I go out. It's usually a case of, "Damn. I gotta go into that ugly city next door to pick up yet more shit my wife bought on Craigslist...I guess I'll pack a gun and because of what I am wearing it'll be with this holster/whatever."

In other words, my advice is geared towards someone like me who doesn't plan this stuff out in advance. I don't pick clothes based on carry. There are people who make carry a lifestyle choice, so their advice might fit better if you are also in that mold. They could help with perfect clothing/holster fits better than me.

Good luck.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback and discussion......as I only get to carry occasionally on monthly or bi-monthly trips to PA, its not a daily issue yet. My main rig is the Miami for sure, its just so cool. Based on the feedback and spending more time with the G26, its really to big for extended pocket carry...I think im going to try a basic IWB model and see how I like that as a secondary carry option.....be cool.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Trying a cheap iwb holster will not give you a feel for iwb carry. Check out comp-tac. I have the mtac, once you get it adjusted right, not only is it undetected, but its very comfortable . They have sales for 10% off @ most holidays, and ship in a week.

Enjoy

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Anyone pocket carry a Kahr CW9?

It'll fit in the back pocket fairly well because of it's thickness, or lack thereof.
    A little bulky to sit on though. I carry mine in a Supertuck, and my pocket carry option is my LCP in a DeSantis.

I just got to carry yesterday, when I traveled down to America to visit Luray Caverns. :thumbsup:

MH

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I had an uncle who used pocket carry, shot himself in the leg trying to draw. But then again, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer.

I have a pocket holster for my SW 340PD. I feel safe with that as it is a DA only revolver. Just me, but I am not sure I would do that with a semi, even cocked and locked yet I would not want to carry a semi without one in the chamber. Pulling it then racking the slide takes time. So for me, for pocket carry, a revolver makes sense.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    G26 is big for pocket carry.

The biggest issue with pocket carry is the Pockets. You will need loose , deep pockets. Snug jeans are not the way to go. With my XXXL hands pocket carry is not on the top of my list. But a few times I used pocket carry w/ UltraLite revolver , admittedly as a third gun.

My prefered practice is pancake or beltslide with shirttail out. My preference in everyday life is for generous sized shirts , and have a closet of square tail sport shirts , and long tail work shirts.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I have a Glock 26 and I think it is too big and heavy for pocket carry. I carry my 26 in a Blackhawk IWB size 5 and it works really well. Still a bit too big for shorts and t-shirt though. I just bought a S&W Bodygaurd .380 for summer carry. I carry this in a nylon Redhead IWB and it is comfortable and virtually invisible under a t-shirt.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I am looking hard at a CM9 for pocket carry, actually. The only reason I mentioned Kahr's larger CW9 is because some guy near home is selling his at a good price.

Since I'll be wearing a lot of pleated cargo shorts in the summer, and I'm about 6'2" tall, I think pocket carry of a CM9 would be doable. I think that's what Hickok45 carries, right? Or maybe it's a PM9, but pretty similar, really.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Personally, I wouldn’t pocket carry on any occasion. Any gun small enough to pocket carry would be more comfortable (to me) carried IWB. Any gun too small to IWB carry is not a gun I would want to carry for firepower reasons. I would look towards a PF9, PM9, or LCP and get a good little IWB holster for it.

Personally, one of my favorite IWB holsters I’ve found, to date, has been the IWB offered by N82Tactical. http://n82tactical.com/

Extremely comfortable, well made, and reasonably priced.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Trying a cheap iwb holster will not give you a feel for iwb carry. Check out comp-tac. I have the mtac, once you get it adjusted right, not only is it undetected, but its very comfortable . They have sales for 10% off @ most holidays, and ship in a week.

Enjoy
    I'd agree. I have an equivalent SuperTuck and these do just sort of fade away.

Trying a cheap IWB provides an unrealistic impression of what can be a reasonable way to carry.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Interesting to see the comments about the cm9 being too fat for a pocket.

Am thinking of owb on the CW9 too. The kydex owb holsters look inviting. Wont print on me and mt shirts are long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom