• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaceNemo

Small fish. Big pond.
    Mar 17, 2013
    Baltimore
    I'm leaning towards an fnx45.

Just would like to know my options and perhaps get some input on any recommendations anyone may have. Thanks in advance.

This will be my 2nd handgun purchase my first being the fns40 (love it by the way).

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    The Glock 21 is a beast. Love mine. Glock reliability and 13+1 rounds of 45 ACP.

My HK USP is also fantastic. It's considerably more in price than the G21 and you lose one round, but it's also reliable and extremely accurate.

Last edited:

garyad

I'm leaning towards an fnx45.

Just would like to know my options and perhaps get some input on any recommendations anyone may have. Thanks in advance.

This will be my 2nd handgun purchase my first being the fns40 (love it by the way).

I recently bought an FNX45 and found it to be a very reliable and fine shooting pistol thus far. Only have 300-400 rounds through it FWIW. :thumbsup:

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Once I got use to the xdm trigger compared to the glocks that I love I found the gun to be flawless. The xdm 3.8 is great for shooting and carry IMO. I live glocks cz and colt but that xdm is great too

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Go Heckler and Koch and don't look back. Both the USP and the Hk45 are top of the line when it comes to double stack 45s.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Go Heckler and Koch and don't look back. Both the USP and the Hk45 are top of the line when it comes to double stack 45s.

QFT. :thumbsup:

Spent the money on a USP years back, absolutely no regrets. For that matter, no failures of any kind since I've owned it. Only handgun I've owned so far that can say that in all honesty.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    G21SF or I'd consider a FN45

Don't care for HK and a Para P14 is the wrong execution of the right idea.

If JMB had lived longer, I'm in the camp that believes he would have designed his next 45 pistol as the BHP.

Damn the Americans for not liking the HP over the 1911 and Fock the French for being pusscakes for asking for it to be chambered in 9mm though a BHP in 9 is still a sweet pistol.

Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    I recently replaced my Glock 21 Gen 2 with the FNX-45. I've had the Glock forever, but after handling my wife's FNX-9 and really liking it, I decided to give the 45 a try. I still can't tell you which one I like better, but the FNX-45 is really growing on me, having revolvers, I like the idea of single action double action. I also like its made in the U.S.A. label, even if it is a foreign company.

The FNS & FNX are different. If you like one, you may not like the other. So, keep that in mind. I would say, first, do you want a SA/DA? If so, the FNX-45 is a good choice.

OM

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I like my FNX45 pretty well. It's my first polymer-frame handgun and I'm still getting used to the "top heavy" feel, but I can't think of anything bad to say about it. I love the 15-round mag.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Don't know if it's considered hi cap, but I've been extremely happy with my m&p45. I was looking at the g21genIV's or sf models(the normal 21 just feels absurd in the grip), the fnx45, and the hk's. I liked the grip and capacity of the fnx45....but am not a fan of external safeties and DA/SA guns. I prefer striker-fired guns for simplicity of design and use...also because you can get a higher grip and reduce muzzle flip from their low bore axis. This led me to something like the xdm45, g21sf/genIV, and m&p. The m&p had the least capacity, but pointed the most naturally for me and felt the best under recoil. I figure being able to make accurate hits easier trumps a couple extra rounds in the mag.

The trigger was heavy and gritty at first, but the apex kit has transformed it and now I prefer it over all my other handguns...except that it has a very hard to detect reset.

Just food for thought in the decision making process that skipped me past the hk's, fnx's, glocks and landed me with an m&p45...which I've been very happy with. It also fits most holsters for the regular ol m&p 9/40.

Fun time today at on target with it. 20 shots up top and a 10 shot group on the bottom.
    m&p45 targets.jpg

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I'd stop getting opinions and start buying. The clock is ticking. Buy what you can get your hands on and take possession of the mags ASAP. No matter what you end up with, you won't make a terrible mistake. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom