• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    Well ya know I've been looking for a good way to get rid of my guns as they are dangerous and I am not competent enough to make my own decisions as to what I do with them... and maybe they will take my high capacity magazines to !!!!!!

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I am sure they will give something. From a T-shirt or a sticker or the usual gift cards. The less value they give outright to the gun, the easier purchase it is for us! They were going to give you exactly $0. You already have the gun out of the house. You don't want it back in your house. Here is $20 for your gas.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I positively HATE this crap. Not only the backwards thought process behind these turn ins and buy backs, but especially/particularly the "no questions asked" part of it.

It allows stolen guns to be turned in and destroyed without any hope of tracking the criminals originally responsible, and it denies the rightful owner any chance of having their property returned to them.

It also allows transfer of regulated firearms in violation of state law. A regular (law abiding) citizen is required to show their ID whether buying or selling and even one recent transaction I am aware of, the SELLER was asked by MSP to show their training cert, as if the training is needed for simple possession too.

Further, when a law abiding citizen performs a transfer at an MSP barrack, the trooper takes both IDs and uses the opportunity to run a "want or warrants" check and if you have anything outstanding, you don't leave the building. Good way to find out you must have had a parking ticket blow off the windshield...

Where is all this chickensh!t treatment concern for public safety when a criminal turns in a stolen piece, possibly tied to a crime of violence, at one of these events?

THIS is what needs to be made known to the news outlets, the voters that still have brains, and anyone else that may listen. :sad20:

GoldenRing

Dec 19, 2012
    I can hear the sound of Marylander's who have passed SPINNING in their grave, as their kids and grand kids hand their rifle's over to the state. Good god almighty, I can almost feel my gpa strangling me.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I will be there to rescue any American history...although I imagine if they aren't giving anything in return it will be mainly junkers.

I hate these buybacks for the reasons mentioned. In addition to that though, they also destroy American history. To me, melting down a gun carried by an American in a war is almost criminal. One guy told me about how at one buyback they got a few firearms presumably from the Revolutionary and Civil War eras that the people running the show thought was 'junk' and he was unable to do anything about it...that almost made me sick. We're destroying our own history and defacing items that may be the only existing memories of those who have fought and died for us...history that all of us can really appreciate (and would pay good money for). Even if the other issues were addressed, I would never be okay with something like this unless the 'every single gun gets destroyed regardless' goes away.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I positively HATE this crap. Not only the backwards thought process behind these turn ins and buy backs, but especially/particularly the "no questions asked" part of it.

It allows stolen guns to be turned in and destroyed without any hope of tracking the criminals originally responsible, and it denies the rightful owner any chance of having their property returned to them.

It also allows transfer of regulated firearms in violation of state law. A regular (law abiding) citizen is required to show their ID whether buying or selling and even one recent transaction I am aware of, the SELLER was asked by MSP to show their training cert, as if the training is needed for simple possession too.

Further, when a law abiding citizen performs a transfer at an MSP barrack, the trooper takes both IDs and uses the opportunity to run a "want or warrants" check and if you have anything outstanding, you don't leave the building. Good way to find out you must have had a parking ticket blow off the windshield...

Where is all this chickensh!t treatment concern for public safety when a criminal turns in a stolen piece, possibly tied to a crime of violence, at one of these events?
    :party29:

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I read that they want "people" to get guns from their houses and turn them in if the "people don't feel comfortable with guns in the house."

This is targeting kids who have been brainwashed by the mom/bloombut/obanger crap, who might look to grab their parents guns and turn them in.

But if it happens, I think it's the parents' fault anyway for allowing the kids access to their guns.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hey, here's an idea:

What if we advertise on Craigslist, and everywhere else possible, every gun show in the area as a "gun buyback" event?

The gun show promoters would have to agree that anyone showing up with a firearm to sell could have access to an FFL, set up in the front lobby, so they wouldn't have to pay an admission fee. The FFL could then sell these, legally, to people who pass NICS/MSP checks.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Hey, here's an idea:

What if we advertise on Craigslist, and everywhere else possible, every gun show in the area as a "gun buyback" event?

The gun show promoters would have to agree that anyone showing up with a firearm to sell could have access to an FFL, set up in the front lobby, so they wouldn't have to pay an admission fee. The FFL could then sell these, legally, to people who pass NICS/MSP checks.

Brilliant! :party29:

I read that they want "people" to get guns from their houses and turn them in if the "people don't feel comfortable with guns in the house."

This is targeting kids who have been brainwashed by the mom/bloombut/obanger crap, who might look to grab their parents guns and turn them in.

But if it happens, I think it's the parents' fault anyway for allowing the kids access to their guns.

If indeed "people don't feel comfortable with guns in the house", then they wouldn't feel comfortable with them in the car either. I could offer free pick up service???:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom