• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan in MN.

May 13, 2013
    Dan in Mn.

I have joined the opticsplanet sucks group. I ordered a P223 scope a few months ago and still haven't received the "free P223 rings". I seen 2 available a while ago.I put them in my cart and called a rep and said I have 1 in my cart which he replied they would be shipped right away. Never happened. I then asked for a refund, but when they received the scope they said it had been mounted and could not process the refund! I guess I had been sold a used scope! I then had to pay for return shipping which was supposed to $6 and some change but when charged for it ended up being over $12.00. I then asked to order a M223 mount and would pay the difference. I was informed that wasn't possible and they offered 5% off the full price. Are You FN kidding Me! They will never get another dime from Me.

Last edited:

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I'm kinda *meh* on OpticsPlanet.com.

I wanted a P223 Scope and they had it in stock with free scope rings so I ordered it.

They shipped the scope fast, but I didn't get the rings for about 10 weeks.

It didn't hold zero very well duct-taped to the receiver, but what can you do? :rolleyes:

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Someone on the board suggested a product and mentioned this vendor. Well the item shows up on OpticsPlanet's site as available so I "buy" it. Well then I get notified that my order was on hold because they ran out of the item and just now they said the item was discontinued and not available.

If you are low on stock, note that on the web site. It almost sounds like they order items from distributors, when they get an order, avoiding stocking stuff.

Yesterday I was at Cabela's, they have a good selection of these items and I didn't look, because I thought I had something on order. I am pissed.

(PS, I am angry with the vendor, not the person who mentioned them to me.)

Was it a Caldwell target stand? I ordered one from them in Feb with is showing in stock. Few days later got the back order email with Jun as the expected date. Received the a similar cancellation notice Saturday. :mad54:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Never had an issue with them, and I've spent some coin there. I always try to buy in stock, and what dealings I have had with there customer service was ok. There prices are hit or miss, but I get 11% off there so it normally beats other dealers.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I have never had any issues with OpticsPlanet. I purchased my Vortex Strikefire through them a few months back and it was delivered within 3 days. I even ordered the wrong mount for my AR and they shipped the correct one a few days later at no additional charge.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sport Optics is a great place to deal with.

They are knowledgeable and will take time to discuss options with you.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'll never deal with Optics Planet again. They list a ton of stuff on their website which they don't have in stock. My brother and I both needed a holster prior to deployment and ordered them from Optics Planet. They failed us miserably and after a few weeks we had to cancel the orders and go elsewhere.

I will have nothing to do with them after that. Listing items you have for sale which you don't have rubs me the wrong way.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There's no reason they can't list inventory quantities like Midway, Brownell's, etc.. There is a reason they don't. I am of the opinion that they don't stock a lot of gun stuff and hence they won't tell you if it is in stock.

Not a great way to keep customers.

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    I purchased a scope mount from them that said to email about availability. Other items said out of stock, so I assumed they had it. I ordered it, and a few days later, I received the back order email. I think they should definitely alert customers if its out of stock.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    B & H closes Friday night and Saturday IIRC. Run by Orthodox Jews. No big deal though as service and prices are very good.

Dan in MN.

May 13, 2013
    When I received the email to post a review for my P223 scope and the mounts I still haven't received after more than 2 months they automatically deleted it due to my negative review. Then they offered a 10% discount if I wanted to post another review. They can stick the 10% discount where the sun don't shine because they will never see another dime from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom