• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rli1973

Dec 2, 2008
    Baltimore
    I am looking to buy a Colt 1911. But I have heard that getting a Colt shipped to Md. is a real pain . I have not found any local shops that deal in Colt. Online shops don't seem to want to deal with Md. residents. I know the whole fired shell casing deal. If any one can point me in the right direction of where to go and what is involved in purchasing the Colt I want it would be very much appreciated .

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Anyone have Bud's web site? I think they carry Colt's. As noted, if you can find a good used gun in PA or VA you can get it transferred to a local FFL. The integral lock is no big deal, since the dealer can sell you one of the locks that are approved.

I can take care of the fired case requirement on new guns for $25 if I do the transfer.

I can not fix the evils of MD laws!!

I had a dealer in TX refuse to ship to me because it had a 30 round mag with it. I explained that I would not transfer the 30 and substitue a 20 round instead and that I could have the 30 round since I was an 07 with a SOT that I could have belt fed automatic weapons and he didn't care...the law says you can't ship to MD...so he sent the gun without the mag....go figure.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I know Continental Arms has some Colts. You should ask Jeep Driver.

Also, you can find on-line dealers that will sell to Maryland residents. Sporting Arms is one dealer I know that will, and they carry Colt. The fired shell casing thing is a headache, but if you find a dealer with a manufacturer's license they can fire the gun for you to satisfy the requirement. Joe at Corsica Coatings is one of those dealers. I believe Joe says he charges something like 30 bucks to do the fired shell casing. So yes, you can get a Colt here in MD. You may have to jump through a couple extra hoops, but it isn't that big a deal and will be worth it in the end.

rli1973

Dec 2, 2008
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the help guys. I am looking for a Colt New Agent 45. I want a new one. Carryaglock sent me a pm with every thing I was looking for. I will keep you guys in mind in the future.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I was in The Tackle Box in Lexington Park today, and they had a brand new Colt 1911. It was the WWI reproduction model. I asked the owner if it came with a fired shell casing and he said that it did, and that it was provided by Colt. According to him, Colt does in fact now supply fired shell casings. Does anyone know if they changed their policy and will throw and Marylanders a bone, or was I given bad info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom