• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    My brother recently moved to West Virginia. Is there an organization like MDS there or perhaps like VCDL? Want to make sure he can continue the good fight.
    Thanks!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    WVCDL.....West Virginia Citizens Defense League

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Like Norton said, the West Virginia Citizens Defense League www.wvcdl.org
    WVCDL is very active in our State and has done A LOT to advance second amendment freedoms. Please have your brother join the fight (and you should too!)

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    And they have great members tee shirts as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
      IMG_0305.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 339

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The history is that when states secure important 2A rights, there is less interest in a forum that takes up political, social or history topics. The more active sites would be those dedicated just to the commerce in firearms.

There is no counterpart to MDS in Virginia, but because Virginia has the full spectrum of private transfers, sites like VA Gun Trader are going gangbusters. I do want to give a shout-out to VCDL for the political organizing they do, but their site is just so focused on politics--no "Whatcha Drinkin'" there...

Way out West, CALGUNS is an excellent resource for everyone trapped in California.

Thanks to the full political, social, technical, commercial and historical coverage here on MDS, we have one of the most popular forums in the USA. I believe there are members here from all 50 states.

Last edited:

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks to the full political, social, technical, commercial and historical coverage here on MDS, we have one of the most popular forums in the USA. I believe there are members here from all 50 states.[/QUOTE]

Dont forget the the Shotgun guy from Greece :D - I cant think of his name but he always has funny videos

Ahh I remember now.....SP_Guns found us all the way greece

Last edited:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I need somewhere I can still make money, and for people in my line of work WV is a no go.

Which, funny enough, is why I left WV for MD in the first place. Then I moved to VA, but housing is too expensive down there, so it was back to MD from where I'm now hoping to go back to WV some day.

Just remember, West Virginia is the BEST Virginia since 1863!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Aren't you a teacher? Have you looked at jobs in the larger metropolitan areas of WV?

I make more than almost all of the principals, and as much as some superintendents, in those systems. End of career salary in most of those places is comparable to about 5th year salary here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom