• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    As long as you have a CCW and they are not totally concealed. With that said, it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Why not just carry a gun?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    As long as you have a CCW and they are not totally concealed. With that said, it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Why not just carry a gun?
    They actually can be concealed if you have a W&C permit. Non-permit holders can openly carry on otf as long as it is not "with the intent or purpose of injuring an individual in an unlawful manner."

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Criminal Law
    Title 4 - Weapon Crimes
    Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
    Section 4-101 - Dangerous Weapons​

Universal Citation: MD. Criminal Law Code § 4-101 (2022)

(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (2) “Nunchaku” means a device constructed of two pieces of any substance, including wood, metal, or plastic, connected by any chain, rope, leather, or other flexible material not exceeding 24 inches in length.
    (3) (i) “Pepper mace” means an aerosol propelled combination of highly disabling irritant pepper-based products.
    (ii) “Pepper mace” is also known as oleoresin capsicum (o.c.) spray.
    (4) “Star knife” means a device used as a throwing weapon, consisting of several sharp or pointed blades arrayed as radially disposed arms about a central disk.
    (5) (i) “Weapon” includes a dirk knife, bowie knife, switchblade knife, star knife, sandclub, metal knuckles, razor, and nunchaku.
    (ii) “Weapon” does not include:
    1. a handgun; or
    2. a penknife without a switchblade.
    (b) This section does not prohibit the following individuals from carrying a weapon:
    (1) an officer of the State, or of any county or municipal corporation of the State, who is entitled or required to carry the weapon as part of the officer’s official equipment, or by any conservator of the peace, who is entitled or required to carry the weapon as part of the conservator’s official equipment, or by any officer or conservator of the peace of another state who is temporarily in this State;
    (2) a special agent of a railroad;
    (3) a holder of a permit to carry a handgun issued under Title 5, Subtitle 3 of the Public Safety Article; or

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've tried opening boxes with a gun, it never ends well. The wife tends to freak out. I have since moved to using a knife to open boxes.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    They actually can be concealed if you have a W&C permit. Non-permit holders can openly carry on otf as long as it is not "with the intent or purpose of injuring an individual in an unlawful manner."
    Indeed

And there's a Maryland case somewhere out there, that stated the pocket clip on the knife was defacto open carry as (most) anyone would know the person had a knife in their pocket

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Funny thing about 2 hours ago I went to Rite Aid, to pick up some Rx's . I usually just go through the drive up window, and I did today. Well one of my Rx is albuterol for a nebulizer, the boxes are about 6" square and they tape multiple boxes together. Usually it's just 3 boxes, but this time they gave me a 90 day supply, so there was this huge taped together pack. It was too big to send out through the bank type tray, and they asked me to come in. I did they had to bring it around to the pharmacy door as the window slot was too small. The girl brought a paper grocery bag to put everything in, it tore the bag up trying to get it in, so she went and got another bag. I said wait a second and pulled my Bali song out and started separating the boxes. The pharmacist remarked that I guess that you need something for protection. To which I replied that I carried it for situations just like this, and it was one of the most useful tools to have. I didn't tell her the pistol in my pocket was for protection.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Indeed

And there's a Maryland case somewhere out there, that stated the pocket clip on the knife was defacto open carry as (most) anyone would know the person had a knife in their pocket
    Yes, carry one with the clip out, and it's lawful for most everyone, have a MD permit, then carry it however you want.

I LOVE my OTFs, primarily because they are about as safe to carry as a pocket knife can be. They lock closed with 0 exposed blade, open with one hand, and the spring pressure makes them practically childproof.

The quality and safety does vary substantially. I usually carry a Kershaw Livewire, about as inexpensive as a good OTF can be. Microtech, Heretic, Benchmade, lots of good stuff out now being a lot of states dropped their auto knife ban nonsense.

Mar 16, 2024
    New Windsor MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom