• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c1991a1

Aug 22, 2009
    I'm currently looking to sell two handguns that are registered (thank God for that) in Maryland. Normally I wouldn't ask such a question, but Maryland gun laws are not exactly known for their simplicity. Can I sell a handgun to a buyer out-of-state via an online auction? Of course, the transaction would go through an FFL.

Thanks for any advice.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Given that scenario I wouldn't think Maryland would care, you would just need to abide by whatever state laws the buyer has. I don't know, though.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    :bullhorn: Paging Novus.
    I'm almost certain the sale has to go from a MD FFL. Check with your dealer. He might be able to send it to a private party in another state, but it's unlikely. Probably FFL to FFL.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Yes....once the gun is sold have the buyer arrange an FFL for you to ship to them. At this point I'd make contact with that out of state FFL for thier shipping instructions. Generally, they have to send your a copy of thier FFL and you will hvae to ship FedEx or UPS since you are non FFL

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    I recently sold my SIG X-5 to a Virginia buyer. We wanted no problems, so we met at a gun dealer's shop in Virginia, I transferred the X-5 to the dealer and he transferred it to the buyer. Total price: $40.

I assume I could have shipped it to the Virginia FFL, but I wanted to pick up the cash for the sale from the buyer.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Like said above, get a copy of the FFL you are sending it to, verify it online, MAKE SURE ADDRESS MATCHES, and only send it to that address. Being it is coming from and individual it will need to be shipped two day air at a minimum, next day is prefered. Make sure you stipulate adult signature required. Keep the copy of the FFL for your own good incase any officers ever come asking about your gun. Then you can prove you sold it legally. You never know when the gun could end up involved in something bad, and then they will begin tracing it and possibly come knocking at your door, so just protect yourself by having the paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom