• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Seriously, did someone just buy the entire AR-15 stockpile over the last couple of days.

At least AR-15 Uppers (which I was looking for) are out of stock on all the major online store.

Bravo Company, Joe Bob's, Midway USA, Brownell's etc etc are ALL out..!!

Brownell's did have a couple of .22LR uppers, but that's it...

Obviously that latest shooting is hitting hard..

I'm sure it's just panic buying, or is there a real chance O'Bumbler is going to hit hard with a ban, since he's got nothing to lose in a 2nd term now..

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Any change you would be looking for an AK? I know where one is. Just saw it 2 hours ago when they locked the doors and went home.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    22lr is a good choice.

I'm counting on ramped up production hitting the market and snagging my upper then. Now you are fighting with ZOMG gun panic buyers.... I hope the run out of money buying PMAGS for $60 so they cannot inflate prices much more.

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Not just online retailers. All the local shops are either sold out of AR's and AR related items or pretty close to selling out. Prices have also shot up over the past week.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    For the life of me why are Marylanders buying so called assault guns if the Govenor bands them from pocessing? I'm sure I could sell all of mine at a good price but my conscious would not allow it until a final decesion. Courious

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For the life of me why are Marylanders buying so called assault guns if the Governor bands them from possessing? I'm sure I could sell all of mine at a good price but my conscious would not allow it until a final decision. Curious

The hope it that if there is a ban, you will get to keep what you already own.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    The hard thing to find is a lower, just wait, the supply will catch up to demand.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    For the life of me why are Marylanders buying so called assault guns if the Govenor bands them from pocessing? I'm sure I could sell all of mine at a good price but my conscious would not allow it until a final decesion. Courious
    If they come for mine, they simply won't be here. Are they going to jail hundreds of otherwise law abiding citizens over this?

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Seriously, did someone just buy the entire AR-15 stockpile over the last couple of days.

At least AR-15 Uppers (which I was looking for) are out of stock on all the major online store.

I'm sure it's just panic buying, or is there a real chance O'Bumbler is going to hit hard with a ban, since he's got nothing to lose in a 2nd term now..

Where have yo been under a rock? I just got home Wednesday night from the Middle East and I heard abut it over there

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Where have yo been under a rock? I just got home Wednesday night from the Middle East and I heard abut it over there

Well I figured there'd be a mad frenzy over stripped lowers, or even complete rifles.

I didn't expect the uppers (and barrels) to be flying of the shelves also.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If they come for mine, they simply won't be here. Are they going to jail hundreds of otherwise law abiding citizens over this?

What happened to Germans,Russians, Chinese, Cubans, etc etc who claimed to have had "Boating Accidents"? History is clearly repeating itself all we need to do is look. The Govt has spent over a decade giving itself powers and setting up facilities for all those "displaced" or needing "reeducation".

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The hope it that if there is a ban, you will get to keep what you already own.

Exactly this.

I'd been holding out on EBRs for a while, but put one on layaway after the election. By the time I took it home, I was too broke to buy ammo or magazines. Waited a week, then SHTF. Found some mags Monday for a normal price, hoped to get some bulk ammo from Engage when they opened the new shop, but it was not to be. I did pony up for one of their lowers, because it seemed like an opportunity that might not come again.

Things will probably find a new normal level in a month or so, but there's no telling just where that level might be.

Obviously, I was not alone, moving to satisfy pent-up demand when forced by circumstance. If Obama had lost in November, I'd probably not gone for the AR at this time. So I have to thank him for my timely purchase, I suppose.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Palmetto still has some (limited) availability and the prices are fair.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What happened to Germans,Russians, Chinese, Cubans, etc etc who claimed to have had "Boating Accidents"? History is clearly repeating itself all we need to do is look. The Govt has spent over a decade giving itself powers and setting up facilities for all those "displaced" or needing "reeducation".

I had a med student from Crete living with us for about a year. He said that when they had weddings and suchlike celebrations, folks would bring out the firearms, including machine guns, and blast away into the air. He said that it was unlikely that any govt would be able to disarm the populace, who still had the memory of shooting German paratroopers as they invaded the island. Skeet shooting, Greek style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom