• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Not sure if this is the place. Anyone know of, or have access to an area to do some outdoor shooting/training drills without the restrictions of a range? Maybe farmland to set up outdoor courses and some long distance shooting? I’d definitely be interested in something like that, even help set up / pay dues.

I’m in the PG county Area for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Check out Delmarva Sporting Clays. They run the range in such a way you can do what you just asked about with an appropriate level of regulation.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Check out Delmarva Sporting Clays. They run the range in such a way you can do what you just asked about with an appropriate level of regulation.

Sheesh that spot is 2+hrs away.. Thats one thing I hate about living in the city/burbs

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Sheesh that spot is 2+hrs away

I was there last Friday almost the whole day and not many people were there. It's 2+ hrs for me too. I'd hoped it was under 2 for someone in College Park. I go there for their unique atmosphere of limited oversight and a decent set of types of ranges. They do have a 500 yd range, which is hard to find without red tape, further drive or being in a club. I'm a member elsewhere at different types of places and visit or places depending n what I need to do but it's easy to go to DSC if I'm not up for other issues elsewhere.

I will say Delmarva could be an issue if a bozo shows up and devolves before someone comes out to 'enforce'. But I think they keep an eye on things without being too conspicuous. If it gets busy they exert more control, etc. Must be how they are successful.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I was there last Friday almost the whole day and not many people were there. It's 2+ hrs for me too. I'd hoped it was under 2 for someone in College Park. I go there for their unique atmosphere of limited oversight and a decent set of types of ranges. They do have a 500 yd range, which is hard to find without red tape, further drive or being in a club. I'm a member elsewhere at different types of places and visit or places depending n what I need to do but it's easy to go to DSC if I'm not up for other issues elsewhere.

I will say Delmarva could be an issue if a bozo shows up and devolves before someone comes out to 'enforce'. But I think they keep an eye on things without being too conspicuous. If it gets busy they exert more control, etc. Must be how they are successful.

It sounds like a damn good place but the distance is what’s killing me lol. I mean I don’t mind but I’d have to go there on a weekend and I’m sure they will be packed on the weekends.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    It sounds like a damn good place but the distance is what’s killing me lol. I mean I don’t mind but I’d have to go there on a weekend and I’m sure they will be packed on the weekends.

Could be but maybe not busy too. Try to get there at 9am. See how it is. I'm generally not making it there that soon and still have good luck.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    You ever went there on a Saturday or just Friday?

Mostly Saturdays, some Sundays. Things aligned for me last week that I finally went down on a Friday. I don't usually get away on Fridays to go there, despite plenty of Fridays to do so. Maybe other days when on vacation in the past.

It's up to chance who shows up of course, but any place is like that.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Mostly Saturdays, some Sundays. Things aligned for me last week that I finally went down on a Friday. I don't usually get away on Fridays to go there, despite plenty of Fridays to do so. Maybe other days when on vacation in the past.

It's up to chance who shows up of course, but any place is like that.

I might have to check them out once I finish my 2 builds.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    I try to offer one 4 hour block of range training per month, weather permitting. I use a private, outdoor range in Owings, MD, about 25 minutes south of Annapolis. My classes usually have a marksmanship drill, then builds from there. We do holster work, shooting while moving, engaging multiple threats, etc. I have some steel targets, with more on order. I am actually canceling a wear&carry class this weekend, so I can run a range class this Sunday. On my website, the homepage describes the classes available. This class is the “Guided Range Workshop.” The “Training Schedule” page tells you when the classes are. I will have this Sunday’s class on the schedule tonight. Below is a link to my website if you are interested. It may not be exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s definitely more than you can do at a commercial range.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I try to offer one 4 hour block of range training per month, weather permitting. I use a private, outdoor range in Owings, MD, about 25 minutes south of Annapolis. My classes usually have a marksmanship drill, then builds from there. We do holster work, shooting while moving, engaging multiple threats, etc. I have some steel targets, with more on order. I am actually canceling a wear&carry class this weekend, so I can run a range class this Sunday. On my website, the homepage describes the classes available. This class is the “Guided Range Workshop.” The “Training Schedule” page tells you when the classes are. I will have this Sunday’s class on the schedule tonight. Below is a link to my website if you are interested. It may not be exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s definitely more than you can do at a commercial range.

Will go check it out. What range is that in owings ?

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Will go check it out. What range is that in owings ?

It’s on private land, just past the Anne Arundel/ Calvert line. I send out an email with detailed instructions on how to get there and what to bring by Wednesday before class.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    It’s on private land, just past the Anne Arundel/ Calvert line. I send out an email with detailed instructions on how to get there and what to bring by Wednesday before class.

Ahhh, I checked the site. Does the workshop include rifles or is it just a pistol workshop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom