• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have stumbled upon a very old Oxford Gun Club metal from 1968. It's hard to see in the picture but it says "Oxford Gun Club Pre Grand Marathon 1968. 496x500! Someone could shoot!

Does this shoot still go on and does anyone know who may have won this award?

By the way, this is a sterling silver pin. Any info would be great. Just looking to learn a little history.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      55.5 KB · Views: 91

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have stumbled upon a very old Oxford Gun Club metal from 1968. It's hard to see in the picture but it says "Oxford Gun Club Pre Grand Marathon 1968. 496x500! Someone could shoot!

Does this shoot still go on and does anyone know who may have won this award?

By the way, this is a sterling silver pin. Any info would be great. Just looking to learn a little history.

This may be the club, or a successor to it:

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/

It's just across the Mason-Dixon line in PA.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oxford has been there that long to my knowledge, same club in other words. I'll ask some of the older folks I know there.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They still have a "club championship" every summer (August 8th this year). It's brutal, you need to basically be the best of the best (as far as Trap goes).

The kid (yes....kid) that won last year missed something like 6 targets all weekend if I remember correctly.

I forwarded the picture to the executive board, no current members will know much, but I know a few true old timers that might be familiar with the club shoots at that time. The club goes back into the times of having local kids hand load and cock traps inside the concrete trap houses.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dsq5nl6VH8WdYAw&bvm=bv.96782255,d.cWw&cad=rja

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Wow. I'm really hoping someone will know something I love local shooting history. It couldn't have been easy to shoot that well for that many rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom