• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Just got an email that AIM has got a shipment of excellence condition P64's in. If I didn't already have two I would be ordering.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm in the same boat. I have four of them, and price on these is just a tad high for me. However, if I didn't already have a few I'd be on these like stink on Frosh.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I really hate the billboard import marks on these, especially at that price. The import marks really keep them from being "excellent+", IMHO.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I really hate the billboard import marks on these, especially at that price. The import marks really keep them from being "excellent+", IMHO.

Really? I didn't think the import mark was that bad. WAY better than the century billboard on the circle 11 side. That said, import marks do suck.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County

Get out of my head bad voices! Considering that I ordered a Rom Tok from SOG yesterday, I thought that I was pushing the envelope just a tad by popping for the P64 in less than 24 hours. This FFL 03 is worse than my Corvette hobby.
    Andy, if you see my wife with me at AGC please observe C&RSEC so that I can remain in good standing. :D

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Really? I didn't think the import mark was that bad. WAY better than the century billboard on the circle 11 side. That said, import marks do suck.

true, but excellent+ is not a true rating. It's like saying I have a WWII 1911 that is like new, because the idiot scratch isn't that bad.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Here is my from Classic Arms with the import marks. I didn't expect the kick for a small pistol, but it was fun. I will shot it again tomorrow. By the way getting ammo locally is a bitc...

Attachments

• IMG_20140913_221224.jpg
      IMG_20140913_221224.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 394
    • IMG_20140913_221314.jpg
      IMG_20140913_221314.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 401
    • IMG_20140913_221445.jpg
      IMG_20140913_221445.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 398

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I like the qurkiness of the P64.

Mag release in a barbaric location and slide hold open requires empty mag to be inserted.
    Decocker is a lot of fun and the recoil prevents more than 50 rounds a session.

If I didn't already own two, I'd get one of these. I'm holding out for a cz82 out-of-state, if I can ever get to an out-of-state gun show. :tantrum:

Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    Now,to go along with that new p64...Academy has 9x18 ammo for $10.99 per box(50)...shipping is more reasonable than most..approx $ 9 for an order of 5 boxes(250)..

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Keep your eye on Sportsman's Guide for ammo as well. A few months ago I got 2,000 rounds of Tula 9x18 shipped for just under $400

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Get out of my head bad voices! Considering that I ordered a Rom Tok from SOG yesterday, I thought that I was pushing the envelope just a tad by popping for the P64 in less than 24 hours. This FFL 03 is worse than my Corvette hobby.
    Andy, if you see my wife with me at AGC please observe C&RSEC so that I can remain in good standing. :D

Ha, I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Romanian Tok on Friday. I thought about one of these P64s, but I'm going to try to be good. Still waiting for my Star B to come in.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    It wasn't too long ago on this board that many members were telling me and others (maybe even on this thread) to look at things other than the P64s because they aren't that fun to shoot. Everything I've read and seen seems to confirm that thought - that these are not the kind of pistols that you take to the range with 100 rounds - a few clips and then it's time to pull out something else.

I love shooting the Tok. Besides the fireball, the thing definitely announces your presence and people tend to look down your way. I also like that it launches the brass at least 8 lanes over.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    You may not want to put a hundred rounds at a time down range, but it makes a great CCW handgun, for those that can carry in this state (not me) or out of state (me Utah non res. permit).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I like the qurkiness of the P64.

Mag release in a barbaric location and slide hold open requires empty mag to be inserted.
    Decocker is a lot of fun and the recoil prevents more than 50 rounds a session.

If I didn't already own two, I'd get one of these. I'm holding out for a cz82 out-of-state, if I can ever get to an out-of-state gun show. :tantrum:

At non-MD gun shows I've seen very few CZ82's over the last year or so. I've been looking for CZ82 mags for 2 yrs and have yet to find any. So I'm stuck at 3 CZ 82's and 5 extra mags.......:D

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I just recieved a P-64 from Classic Firearms just Saturday. It was described as Very Good condition, but I would rate it as near excellent condition. Just slight blue wear on the end of the muzzle. These have been priced at $239 with 2 magazines...I saw an ad early last week dropping the price to $219. I had to add $15.59 shipping and handling for a total of $235 and change. I'll try to post a pic this evening if I have time (I can't post from a cell phone...I have to take a pic and upload from my camera). Same CAI import marks as Mendozaco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom