PA Background check case- Does it apply here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    No it does not in 2 ways, one the fed nics does the normal checks not the state. Two using the "permit of any kind" as background check does nothing for us as its not supposed to be an instant check, as we have a 7 day waiting period anyway. Plus the law says the shop can release after the 7 days anyway.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    As an aside....

I bought a shotgun back in the early part of summer from a shop in Hanover, PA. They started the call for background check on Saturday around noon. They finally got through on Monday around 11 a.m. That was all wait time for someone to answer, approval was immediate.

Last Thursday, I bought a Springfield Hellcat Pro at a shop in Chambersburg, PA. From "I'll take it" to walking out the door was a hair under an hour, and about 45 minutes of that was PAs computer system was crashed. Once the system came back online, approval was pretty much immediate.

BTW - I am now a PA resident. Celebrated finally having all the stuff together they required for and getting my PA Driver's License on Thursday morning, by purchasing a No wait, No HQL required, CCW gun. CCW license will be submitted when I get required reference's info this afternoon at the club.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    As an aside....

I bought a shotgun back in the early part of summer from a shop in Hanover, PA. They started the call for background check on Saturday around noon. They finally got through on Monday around 11 a.m. That was all wait time for someone to answer, approval was immediate.

Last Thursday, I bought a Springfield Hellcat Pro at a shop in Chambersburg, PA. From "I'll take it" to walking out the door was a hair under an hour, and about 45 minutes of that was PAs computer system was crashed. Once the system came back online, approval was pretty much immediate.

BTW - I am now a PA resident. Celebrated finally having all the stuff together they required for and getting my PA Driver's License on Thursday morning, by purchasing a No wait, No HQL required, CCW gun. CCW license will be submitted when I get required reference's info this afternoon at the club.

You can use anyone as a reference for PA. Don't need to be PA residents.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    As an aside....

I so badly want to move to PA but my wife is concerned about the taxes

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    You can use anyone as a reference for PA. Don't need to be PA residents.
    I know. I've got several guys at the Club (been there 18 mos.) that I've become good friends with, so I figure I'd use them. In the view of small world, one's a fellow co-worker and retiree from that "place" at Fort Meade.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I so badly want to move to PA but my wife is concerned about the taxes
    As long as you watch what school district you're in they can be pretty good. Especially when you take into consideration I'm no longer having 8% withheld from my retirement for MD, since PA doesn't tax retirement income.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    As long as you watch what school district you're in they can be pretty good. Especially when you take into consideration I'm no longer having 8% withheld from my retirement for MD, since PA doesn't tax retirement income.

The retirement savings are a big part of my argument for moving. Hoping to be there within the next 10 years, then work for a few more before officially retiring. Just want to get our little one through school and then I think my wife is more open to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom