• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    Yea definitely will mail that out monday..I don't want any chance of my maryland ccw to get taken considering I've been waiting years and years for them to finally let people get them

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Just giving a baseline for PA. I applied Monday was approved Tuesday and picked up today in York. Officer did say they are swamped. Less than 10 minutes to pickup permit.

1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    Just giving a baseline for PA. I applied Monday was approved Tuesday and picked up today in York. Officer did say they are swamped. Less than 10 minutes to pickup permit.
    After a week and a half of waiting I called and the lady told me that I got delayed on the instant check. And they had 15 days to make a decision. It would have to be manually reviewed. Like I said before I'm thinking they were swamped and no one actually manually reviewed it so today was day 16 and by default it automatically denied it and kicked it out the system . It's what I'm hoping

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    OP, did you apply or try to apply chronologically before you had your MD physical card in hand? Several people indicated here that they were doing that and “hoping for the best”, despite all the advice to the contrary. I imagine they all have had some sort of delays or issues as well.

1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    OP, did you apply or try to apply chronologically before you had your MD physical card in hand? Several people indicated here that they were doing that and “hoping for the best”, despite all the advice to the contrary. I imagine they all have had some sort of delays or issues as well.
    Nope... I didn't apply until the day after I had my physical maryland card. I uploaded a pic of my drivers license and maryland card with the application. I did everything I was supposed to

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    After a week and a half of waiting I called and the lady told me that I got delayed on the instant check. And they had 15 days to make a decision. It would have to be manually reviewed. Like I said before I'm thinking they were swamped and no one actually manually reviewed it so today was day 16 and by default it automatically denied it and kicked it out the system . It's what I'm hoping
    That is not it.

When you fail the instant check in PA and it goes into manual review it takes hours, not weeks.

I never get the instant approval when gun buying. Something about my name flags me for manual review. Approval has come between 10 minutes and 4 hours. But never over 2 weeks.

You failed the instant review because of an algorithm. You failed the manual review because something showed up in your background. Then you went into research and they found something that supported the quick manual review.

Now.... if your past us as clean as you say, then it could be an error popping up. The PA state police may have run your name and looked at the wrong file for someone with the same name. It happens. Or something got added to your record in error recently. An arrest warrant for someone with the same name.... a restraining order from your crazy neighbor.... It happens.

But it is NOT that PA ran out of time and just declined you for the heck of it.

Not only do you need to send the written form in, but you should send it with tracking so you can prove delivery in case it ever comes back that you didn't respond in time.

1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    That is not it.

When you fail the instant check in PA and it goes into manual review it takes hours, not weeks.

I never get the instant approval when gun buying. Something about my name flags me for manual review. Approval has come between 10 minutes and 4 hours. But never over 2 weeks.

You failed the instant review because of an algorithm. You failed the manual review because something showed up in your background. Then you went into research and they found something that supported the quick manual review.

Now.... if your past us as clean as you say, then it could be an error popping up. The PA state police may have run your name and looked at the wrong file for someone with the same name. It happens. Or something got added to your record in error recently. An arrest warrant for someone with the same name.... a restraining order from your crazy neighbor.... It happens.

But it is NOT that PA ran out of time and just declined you for the heck of it.

Not only do you need to send the written form in, but you should send it with tracking so you can prove delivery in case it ever comes back that you didn't respond in time.
    Well I'm the 3rd and my grandfather is convicted felon with same name. But I also used my social security number. And like I said maryland approved me 3 weeks ago for permit and they just approved me for handguns and collectors license this week. And maryland always does background check. So what is pa seeing that maryland doesn't.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe they are looking at your grandfathers record.

Who the eff knows?

MD is MD. PA is PA

Who knows? Follow the procedures and get it fixed

No amount of postulating will fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if one gets denied for anything (carry permit, loan, whatever) the ones denying should really tell you why. it's bs if they don't. certainly if you gave them your ssn there should be no confusion. best wishes sure it will get straightened out.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Nope... I didn't apply until the day after I had my physical maryland card. I uploaded a pic of my drivers license and maryland card with the application. I did everything I was supposed to
    If you didn't submit your app correctly (missed a page, didn't send your license) they would have kicked your app out and told you to fix it, not formally declined you.

This is a serious issue. Even if it is an administrative error and you are so virtuous you make nuns look evil, you can be royally screwed by this.

You should think about consulting a lawyer.

Here is a guy on the PA version of MDShooters. He is widely accepted as a legal expert in these things there. His email is in his profile. https://forum.pafoa.org/member.php?u=1125

If you didn't submit your app correctly (missed a page, didn't send your license) they would have kicked your app out and told you to fix it, not formally declined you.

This is a serious issue. Even if it is an administrative error and you are so virtuous you make nuns look evil, you can be royally screwed by this.

You should think about consulting a lawyer.

Here is a guy on the PA version of MDShooters. He is widely accepted as a legal expert in these things there. His email is in his profile. https://forum.pafoa.org/member.php?u=1125
    This is correct. Get is squared away immediately or it could really cause some major issues in the future.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Well I'm the 3rd and my grandfather is convicted felon with same name. But I also used my social security number. And like I said maryland approved me 3 weeks ago for permit and they just approved me for handguns and collectors license this week. And maryland always does background check. So what is pa seeing that maryland doesn't.
    I never use my SSN#, and have never had any hiccups whatsoever in MD or PA, UNTIL last year the Friday one week before Christmas where I got delayed about 8 hours at Cabelas in Hamburg. The funny part there was I didn’t want any problems since it was so far from home that I actually did use my SSN#, the one singular time I ever did that and sure enough I got delayed. Cabelas told me to wait until the store closed and the delay might come back by then, so I waited from 7pm til 10pm, only to be told to go home and they’d call me when the approval came back. 9am the next morning I got the call so had to drive the 2-1/2 hrs one way to pickup my rifle, 5 hrs round trip. PA is weird, but truthfully I had just gotten 2 cans approved by the ATF the week before, a handgun in MD the week before as well, and just days before received US Secret Service clearance for work at the White House, so I’m wondering if I flagged somehow because of all the recent scrutiny.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    That does seem like the likely problem.

Occam's Razor and all....

It will still screw you hard if you don't resolve it. You might put that in your appeal to draw their attention to the potential error.

1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    That does seem like the likely problem.

Occam's Razor and all....

It will still screw you hard if you don't resolve it. You might put that in your appeal to draw their attention to the potential error.
    Oh believe me my appeal will be detailed. Don't want anymore hiccups

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    My approvals routinely get delayed, 20 min to 1 day.
    I can guarantee you that I do not share a full name with anyone - my parents had to come up with an odd first name by combining two more common names and then changing the spelling...SMH
    I also provide my SSN.

Gun dealers/FFLs have given me all sorts of explanations for it, none of which I am convinced is true.

I have been vetted by the DoD every 5 years for the past 30+ years including periodic poly's. I can't explain it, I just accept it and live with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom