• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 21, 2022
    Frankford, DE
    I did a search on this topic and the most recent information is from ca. 2012 so I thought I'd ask again.

I posses an Adams County issued PA Non Resident Permit and used to reside in VA where I had a Resident Permit. I've since moved to DE and I have not yet obtained my DE Resident Permit yet. My VA Permit has an address change process which I will shortly do, but I am unclear if the change in address constitutes going from a Resident to a Non Resident Permit in VA since different agencies issue the Permits, and have different requirements for them.

I cannot find on the Adams County Sheriff's website instructions for an address change and I've read other places that there's no obligation to change the address on a PA Permit.

Does anyone have recent experience with this? If I change my address on the PA Permit do I put it in jeopardy because I don't yet have a DE Permit? Since my old VA Address is on the PA Permit will I create an issue for myself if I get asked for it and the address doesn't match my DE Drivers License?

Any and all experience and information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yea, don’t carry with those resident/non resident permits that don’t match your license.
    IANAL, but common sense would dictate not to do it.
    Pa requires you to have a resident permit. So as of when you changed your residency, I would believe your pa is void.

goldcup1911

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2011
    I did a search on this topic and the most recent information is from ca. 2012 so I thought I'd ask again.

I posses an Adams County issued PA Non Resident Permit and used to reside in VA where I had a Resident Permit. I've since moved to DE and I have not yet obtained my DE Resident Permit yet. My VA Permit has an address change process which I will shortly do, but I am unclear if the change in address constitutes going from a Resident to a Non Resident Permit in VA since different agencies issue the Permits, and have different requirements for them.

I cannot find on the Adams County Sheriff's website instructions for an address change and I've read other places that there's no obligation to change the address on a PA Permit.

Does anyone have recent experience with this? If I change my address on the PA Permit do I put it in jeopardy because I don't yet have a DE Permit? Since my old VA Address is on the PA Permit will I create an issue for myself if I get asked for it and the address doesn't match my DE Drivers License?

Any and all experience and information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    When I got my Non-Resident PA CCW, the Deputy made a point that when I renewed my home state CCW I had to fax them a copy. Deputy said if I did not fax them a copy, PA would revoke my PA CCW and I could not get it back.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    For folks moving within the same state and need to update their Adams Co LTC:

In emailed the Adams Co LTC email address with my change request, LTC#, and the new address (ltcpermit@adamscountypa.gov);

Received a reply that a new LTC would be mailed to me with the new address. No charge, but I am not sure why I wasn’t charged a replacement fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    FWIW, when I renewed my Maryland license in 2022 I spoke with the Sheriff (Wayne Emerick I recall) in Bedford County where I got my PA permit and he stated there was no need for me to notify him of my Maryland renewal, that the PA license was simply conditional on the valid home state license and that he doesn’t track home state renewals. It appears the Counties in PA may operate differently...

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    For folks moving within the same state and need to update their Adams Co LTC:

In emailed the Adams Co LTC email address with my change request, LTC#, and the new address (ltcpermit@adamscountypa.gov);

Received a reply that a new LTC would be mailed to me with the new address. No charge, but I am not sure why I wasn’t charged a replacement fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they aren't dipshits like Md. Gen. Ass. politicians?

Aug 21, 2022
    Frankford, DE
    Well it took me almost 6 months to finally accomplish this, almost half of that time was waiting for my DE Permit.

Last week, after finally receiving my DE Permit I wrote the Adams County Sherriff's CCW info mailbox and asked what they needed for a change of address. Within a couple of hours I received a reply, a copy of my new DE Driver's License and DE CCW Permit.

I emailed them late Friday afternoon with the copies and I had my new PA Permit in the mail Tuesday. No Charge..

Great Service Adams County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom