• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Just did my application on York County Sheriff's website. Easy. 15 minutes online. Hoping to pick up Friday before I go to the PA Longrifle Show in York.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Anyone know what the colors mean? I'm guessing Blue is complete, but this yellow orange, I'm not sure of. It went right into this after payment was made. Does it mean it's waiting to be assigned, or its been assigned? Maybe something else?

1696006286667.png

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Anyone know what the colors mean? I'm guessing Blue is complete, but this yellow orange, I'm not sure of. It went right into this after payment was made. Does it mean it's waiting to be assigned, or its been assigned? Maybe something else?

View attachment 433322
    It means: Relax, and be happy we are not Maryland.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

View attachment 433322
    It says “assigning to processor shortly” beneath that line.

They will notify you when your permit process is complete.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    LOL.. Y'all got me thinking it generally happened the same day, being I saw some posts say they applied that morning and got a call back same day.

I applied late Thursday evening, and I'm guessing nothing gets done on weekends. Fingers crossed the approve sometime Monday. Because I'll like to meet Ms Sheriff at the satellite office.. LOL.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    LOL.. Y'all got me thinking it generally happened the same day, being I saw some posts say they applied that morning and got a call back same day.

I applied late Thursday evening, and I'm guessing nothing gets done on weekends. Fingers crossed the approve sometime Monday. Because I'll like to meet Ms Sheriff at the satellite office.. LOL.
    Generally, approval takes 3-4 business days.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Generally, approval takes 3-4 business days.
    I applied Tuesday evening this week, had my approval email Thursday morning, made my appt at the York Courthouse for 8:30 Friday morning and it took all of 5 minutes to sign, get the photo, and have them hand me the permit. Nice folks.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Ladies and Gents.... I have an appointment for tomorrow morning to pick up my PA CCW Permit.
    Filled out app this past Thursday late evening (9/28), this morning it was showing it was assigned to a processor and just got the call 5 mins ago on 10/2.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ladies and Gents.... I have an appointment for tomorrow morning to pick up my PA CCW Permit.
    Filled out app this past Thursday late evening (9/28), this morning it was showing it was assigned to a processor and just got the call 5 mins ago on 10/2.

Hopefully Rackzilla is working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig 226

Aug 6, 2022
    VA
    Just a data point..

Applied ~ 3pm on 11/16/23 and within 24 hours I was approved. This was Adams County SO.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Bedford County does walk ins .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Let's put it this way ;

When you call the Sheriff Office , you don't just talk to * A * person , you talk to The person .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom