• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    West Chester is a little closer then York to to pick up the the permit is there a big difference in being approved? I know most MD folks go to York.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I don't know about West Chester but some counties take longer to process, some counties don't do online applications, and I thought I saw at least one county that charged more. So do your homework.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    West Chester is a little closer then York to to pick up the the permit is there a big difference in being approved? I know most MD folks go to York.
    I can’t speak for Chester but York (especially using the satellite office) was sooo easy-peazy for me. The deputy that does permits knows her job and from our 10 minute discussion is solidly pro 2A.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    York is an easy online app and a couple days later you get the approval and link to get an appointment, usually with several available within a couple days downtown or at the satellite office by the Mall,. Takes 15min in and out, especially at the satellite office where you can bring your phone(no cameras incl cell phones in court houses), and there is a parking lot. The sheriff is also a huge 2A supporter. I went in with my approval and showed the e-mail, they couldn't find it in the system, the deputy offered to have me fill out an app then and there, run the check and get me an approval and permit on the spot. She ended up finding it, and got my permit, said she does 20-50 a day. Start to finish can be a week or less with a single trip to york and 15min in the office.

Chester county requires the APPLICATION to be hand delivered in person to their office, then they have 45 days to make a decision, and issue a permit. They mail the permit with the approval letter, so you don't have to make a 2nd trip. I'm a York co resident, so only going from what I've heard, but Chester co is busier and takes longer in the office to submit the app, take pics and then you still don't get the permit till later. Last I heard it was running a few weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom