• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    WEBSITE DOWN FOR IMPROVEMENTS! YOU CAN STILL SUBMIT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION THROUGH THE FORM LINKED BELOW!

Alright folks... as of 12:14pm today, the Marylanders for a Safe Society PAC is an official legal entity.

Flyingblind, Dblas and I will make up 3 of the 5 founding board member positions. We are in the process of filling the final two. The bank accounts will be opened soon.

This PAC is PURELY focused on 2A issues and will take NO STANCE on any issues that aren't DIRECTLY associated with 2nd amendment rights (as defined in our Mission Statement). A candidate's stance on other issues will NOT be taken into consideration.

This is NOT an MSI or MDS PAC (although our common goals are very much in alignment). We hope to represent the entire firearm/2A community in the state of Maryland. We will have our own forum for discussing/planning PAC issues that will be accessible by invitation only. We also have a website, but it is still being developed.

Here is a link to our Mission Statement.

At this time, we are only requesting that if you have any interest in donating or volunteering, please follow this link and fill out the online form.

The information provided will be used for future communication, establishing a geographical footprint and identifying individuals with special skills that may be of use in our efforts.

Please click HERE to submit your information.

Special thanks to Multifaceted for the logo!!!

Last edited:

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Perfectly written mission statement. I have moderate friends who would agree with everything on that sheet. Bravo.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Congrats Brian!!!! Saw the Logo last night, and love it.

Thanks! Flyingblind has done the dirty work (obtaining a domain, filling out the necessary paperwork, setting up accounts, contacting an accountant), so he gets full credit.

Multifaceted did a GREAT job on the logo.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not a criticism, but I do have 2 questions...

Why did you not go with MDFSS or MDSS? I could see softskulls running with the "A" portion of it.

In the points of focus, I'm curious why point 2 was placed there, and not in position 4?? Keeping all the criminal pieces together (to me) would have a greater impact.

Just my 2 coppers in the pot...

I like it, in any case!

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Not a criticism, but I do have 2 questions...

Why did you not go with MDFSS or MDSS? I could see softskulls running with the "A" portion of it.

In the points of focus, I'm curious why point 2 was placed there, and not in position 4?? Keeping all the criminal pieces together (to me) would have a greater impact.

Just my 2 coppers in the pot...

I like it, in any case!

The domain name was registered and purchased before it got to this point... just running with what we have.

point 2... I wrote the Mission Statement this morning and didn't send it to anyone for proof.... so... ya. Switching them now! Good point!

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    I will contribute throughout the year as extra funds come up (currrently in home purchase process) but this is what is needed along with all other efforts.

EDIT: I can't access the Submit Information link but that could be due to work web filter.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I had revolation this morning

what the media and politicians did to cigarettes, protraying them them as evil, a bad habit, bad for society, social outcasting users. etc, etc.

they are now turning those same energies to firearms and they are doing it the same way if you think about it. Cigarettes went from very easy to get and use to now - harder to get and harder to use etc

We need a pac to teach people we have a right to bear arms, guns are not evil and owning guns is useful to society.

I think that is where an organization like MSI comes in. All of the organizations will work toward a common goal. MSI can do things we cannot... our PAC can do things that MSI cannot.

Education - MSI
    Courts - SAF
    Voting the Bums Out - MDFASS

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom