Padded buffer tubes ok? ATF Brace rule questions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    If you want to be federally compliant, it's an option. Or you can hand them over to the ATF? Or revert back into a pistol with no brace. Or hope you never get caught with it after the "grace period". Or wait and hope the rule gets shot down or amended. Up to you.

Free SBR stamp basically, you'd have to register it to make it an SBR anyway, if that's what you wanted to do. Then you can get a real stock and toss the brace?

I'm not saying I like it. Just saying what the letter said and the options.
    It's my opinion that there's absolutely no point in registering a pistol braced firearm! It's just dumb! If you are gonna go that route you might as well just turn it into an SBR at that point. The ATF is stoopid and so are the idiots that comply with their stoopid "rules". Of course I'm not one to give advice because I'm stoopid too! Don't listen to me! Do the right thing and register your pistol braced firearms so that the government knows exactly what you own and exactly where it's located for when they decide to come and take it from you....Heck it might even not be them.... Maryland especially MoCo will do the dirty work for them. They already have the system in place to do it easily and they are already illegally confiscating people's firearms anyway. Brian Frosh's wet dream come true! He said they were going to come after "Assault Style Pistols" and he will do it....through Anthony G. Brown his prodigy.

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    If the ATF comes knocking on my door and I have something that is rule breaking, I will also be in some serious trouble.

I'm sorry, I do not live a life where I can afford to live outside of any rules or laws that our government implements. I have a family to support as well as a very good job to worry about.

Just being real.
    Move to a free state! Do it while you still can! Don't rewards leaders who will sell you and your freedom out! If you don't trust me within a few years from now you are going to be really really sorry that you didn't heed my advice. Watch and see.... but don't be foolish please heed my advice!

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Move to a free state! Do it while you still can! Do rewards leaders who will sell you and your freedom out! If you don't trust me within a few years from now you are going to be really really sorry that you didn't heed my advice. Watch and see.... but don't be foolish please heed my advice!
    Moving out of state won't help with a federal rule/law as far as I know, but I'm stoopid.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I like this guy's plan.

Attachments

• 325714808_1216483529239848_5748288963777631954_n.jpg
      325714808_1216483529239848_5748288963777631954_n.jpg
      146.2 KB · Views: 132

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    When people have nothing to lose.

I have a lot to lose, which is why I feel I am forced to comply. I can't risk jail time, having a felony, a massive fine, added stress... none of that.

People are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm not a criminal so I will follow whatever laws/rules the government makes, some of which begrudgingly so. I do what I can as a civilian to make those laws better (ie voting, joining MSI, misc. support), but as a responsible person on the correct side of the law with a lot to lose, I can't put any of that in jeopardy...

Just my opinion...

Edit: Sorry for straying off topic here...
    But how far do we let this business of making criminals out of innocent good guys go? Literally overnight, according to those assholes, millions of people are implied felons. What next?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    But how far do we let this business of making criminals out of innocent good guys go? Literally overnight, according to those assholes, millions of people are implied felons. What next?
    Hopefully there are enough of us that still believe "from my cold dead hands on a pile of hot brass" that we never have to find out, and .gov keeps relatively peaceful. If the time comes that they bet on all of us complying instead of fighting for our rights, then none of our rights will be safe. It will probably be a horrifically dangerous time for all of us, doesn't matter if you plan on complying or fighting at that point.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Going back to the OP's original question (with a twist), if the pistol has a brace that can be removed entirely and leaves nothing but the butt end of the pistol (no buffer tube, like a Sig MPX), will that make it ATF compliant? I know, I know... before it's all said and done, there will be so many interpretations of what this rule means, not even God will be able to decipher it, which I'm pretty sure was the intent from the start, but I thought I'd throw it out there for yucks.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I have a lot to lose, which is why I feel I am forced to comply. I can't risk jail time, having a felony, a massive fine, added stress... none of that.

People are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm not a criminal so I will follow whatever laws/rules the government makes, some of which begrudgingly so. I do what I can as a civilian to make those laws better (ie voting, joining MSI, misc. support), but as a responsible person on the correct side of the law with a lot to lose, I can't put any of that in jeopardy...

If the ATF comes knocking on my door and I have something that is rule breaking, I will also be in some serious trouble.

I'm sorry, I do not live a life where I can afford to live outside of any rules or laws that our government implements. I have a family to support as well as a very good job to worry about.
    You should inform yourself about the ways laws are abused by those in power.

Take a look at Stephen Halbrook's book Gun Control in the Third Reich. It's both interesting and disturbing to watch the progress in the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany in restricting and removing firearms from those whom they would destroy. The similarities to present-day Maryland is astounding.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Going back to the OP's original question (with a twist), if the pistol has a brace that can be removed entirely and leaves nothing but the butt end of the pistol (no buffer tube, like a Sig MPX), will that make it ATF compliant? I know, I know... before it's all said and done, there will be so many interpretations of what this rule means, not even God will be able to decipher it, which I'm pretty sure was the intent from the start, but I thought I'd throw it out there for yucks.
    I think you just stumbled onto something; the feds stole the idea from the MGA. Make the rules so ambiguous that nobody will be able to cognitively obey them, thereby leaving interpretation to the rulers.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional from its inception and doesn't require compliance.
    Tell that to the 20 atf guys that will illegally kidnap you in the middle of the night after the unconstitutional rule/law is passed.

In a just world, your 100 neighbors would not permit that to happen and the bad guys would leave with tail between legs. But, we don't like in that world. We live in the grasshopper and ant world. the million ants are scared of the 100 grasshoppers.

In a just world, the lawmakers who passed this unconstitutional rule/law would be blacklisted from society and refused service anywhere they go in public until they agree to stop sending atf people to the door of people who own 1 stock vs another.

The just world will never happen because everyone is to comfortable. Even when businesses were shutdown and going under (during covid) while cops were arresting business owners for working on their property, closing down churches for having service, neighbors and friend etc stood by and video taped the crimes committed. People get beaten and robbed and everyone helps by taking a video. LOL.

The list is getting longer now. 80% guns registered. Braced guns registered. This won't be the last. There will be more guns to be registered before this is over. This is training for the people( just like covid) People will comply until they have a big enough registry to take them away. Because we have to much to lose.

2 weeks to flatten the curve
    then moving the goalpost
    then until we see less hospitilizations
    then until we see less cases (only because we already met the hospitalizations number, but they wanted us closed still)
    There were a few more steps in there, but you get the idea.
    at every step of the way, you could look and see what every other country was doing and you could see what we would do next. Most of the world .govs were doing the same exact thing.
    Now with guns, you can see the playbook that has been used in canada and australia

covid is similar to guns* If they came out day 1 and said we are closing down for the next 6 months, nobody would listen. They are doing the same thing with guns, but people don't see it!!!!!!!

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Tell that to the 20 atf guys that will illegally kidnap you in the middle of the night after the unconstitutional rule/law is passed.

In a just world, your 100 neighbors would not permit that to happen and the bad guys would leave with tail between legs. But, we don't like in that world. We live in the grasshopper and ant world. the million ants are scared of the 100 grasshoppers.

In a just world, the lawmakers who passed this unconstitutional rule/law would be blacklisted from society and refused service anywhere they go in public until they agree to stop sending atf people to the door of people who own 1 stock vs another.

The just world will never happen because everyone is to comfortable. Even when businesses were shutdown and going under (during covid) while cops were arresting business owners for working on their property, closing down churches for having service, neighbors and friend etc stood by and video taped the crimes committed. People get beaten and robbed and everyone helps by taking a video. LOL.

The list is getting longer now. 80% guns registered. Braced guns registered. This won't be the last. There will be more guns to be registered before this is over. This is training for the people( just like covid) People will comply until they have a big enough registry to take them away. Because we have to much to lose.

then moving the goalpost
    then until we see less cases (only because we already met the hospitalizations number, but they wanted us closed still)
    at every step of the way, you could look and see what every other country was doing and you could see what we would do next. Most of the world .govs were doing the same exact thing.
    Now with guns, you can see the playbook that has been used in canada and australia

covid is similar to guns* If they came out day 1 and said we are closing down for the next 6 months, nobody would listen. They are doing the same thing with guns, but people don't see it!!!!!!!
    Yes, they play the long game and their opposition (we?) play the short game. It is a game of tug-of-war; the flag in the middle may waiver back and forth, but, it eventually moves to the left.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    I’ve seen estimates as high as 35 million existed legally with the ATF’s continued blessing until last week. Should be interesting and a very long term process to retrieve them all.

Just my opinion...

Edit: Sorry for straying off topic here...
    The government counts on people like you..the more that comply (the reason doesn't matter) the more they feel justified in infringing even more..the easiest way to make any law moot is massive non compliance..

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter

then moving the goalpost

DNC

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    It would be great if the estimated 35 million pistol braces resulted in 192 applications for SBR's.

That would end the rule quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom