• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    I live in Brunswick, the peaceful city on the Potomac. Last summer the Dollar General got broken into, home robberies are frequent, a few months ago two kids rode their four wheelers through the plate glass front of the High School, about one month ago somebody broke into the medical clinic and into the pharmacy and stole some drugs. The houses still under construction near the Sheetz have had had piping and wiring ripped out for scrap copper. All of this I learned through friends and none of it has shown up in the papers, not even the Brunswick paper. What gives and are you experiencing the same thing in your area?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    FNP is written for 3rd graders IMO.

Grammar is bad, reporting is worse. It is painful to read.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I read it online, I look at the local headlines and classifieds in a few minutes.
    For what they charge for home delivery I couldn't justify buying it.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    BRUNSWICK..Hills whores and liquor stores!

In all honesty its a nice town,,,,,sorry to hear that.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I read it online, I look at the local headlines and classifieds in a few minutes.
    For what they charge for home delivery I couldn't justify buying it.

We get three 'free' papers here, I wish they would stop forced delivery, it doesn't fit our community. I've asked them to stop a couple times already. When its wet it's the worst, will find a way to lick this problem. :)
    Tribute:
    .. ..-. / .. - / -.. --- -. .----. - / ..-. .. - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / .. - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .. ..-. / .. - / .- .. -. .----. - / .-- . - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.. .. -.-. -.- / ..

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    You in upper town or lower town by the tracks?
    I met a bunch of people from Brunswick along the river. Some were very nice and the rest were idiots

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I lived on West C Street about 15 years ago. While the neighbors were great I couldn't stay. The crime rate was rising and the police force at the time was more interested in dating each other. Wish I had relocated somewhere else in Frederick Co instead of moving back to SoMD.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    It’s a shame that some idiots ruin it for everyone else; my family frequents Brunswick all the time. We jump on the C&O tow path there and ride up to Harpers Ferry, hit the Beans in the Belfry and the Train Museum after we get back.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    I live in Brunswick, the peaceful city on the Potomac. Last summer the Dollar General got broken into, home robberies are frequent, a few months ago two kids rode their four wheelers through the plate glass front of the High School, about one month ago somebody broke into the medical clinic and into the pharmacy and stole some drugs. The houses still under construction near the Sheetz have had had piping and wiring ripped out for scrap copper. All of this I learned through friends and none of it has shown up in the papers, not even the Brunswick paper. What gives and are you experiencing the same thing in your area?

Let's not forget someone overdosing on cemetery circle on Thursday. I grew up
    here if you think it's bad you should have seen it 10 years ago. At one time there was 5 bars in a 3 block radius. And don't forget the late nineties when it was flooded with heriorn. In all honesty I don't think the paper here has ever covered stuff like that. They just publish the arrest logs.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    What you see in your local paper is but a very small fraction of the crime in your area. Thurmont, Annapolis, Oakland, Hagerstown, Waldorf, Salisbury, doesn't matter.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Grew up outside Brunswick...the paper is run by city hall...hence a lack of true reporting. Quite a few drug rings busted up 10 years ago by feds...never made it to print.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Grew up outside Brunswick...the paper is run by city hall...hence a lack of true reporting. Quite a few drug rings busted up 10 years ago by feds...never made it to print.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I remember watching them raid the commuter lounge. Two big ryder trucks pulled up out front, the backs opened and like 30 cops/swat guys jumped out the back. crazy too see in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom