• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Does anyone know anywhere in SOMD that you can buy 550 paracord? I looked at walmart and lowes but they didn't have any(unless I looked in the wrong section).

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    What section in lowes(california,md)? I asked the people there yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Look in the hardware department.
    Should be near the chain and other rope.
    If you ask for "para cord" or "550" cord you will get the crazy eye (unless the associate is prior military).

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Beacon in Waldorf sells it. you might be better off ordering it off the net though.

CountyComm.com sells the stuff too. Be warned though if you go to that website you will find endless tiny things you think you need.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Beacon in Waldorf sells it. you might be better off ordering it off the net though.

CountyComm.com sells the stuff too. Be warned though if you go to that website you will find endless tiny things you think you need.
    This. Beacon Surplus has tons but it's pretty pricey if I recall.

Just checked out that site. You mean the Luberinge? http://countycomm.com/luberinge.html Talk about tactical insertion! :lol2:

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    I will check lowes again. Maybe this time I won't get the deer in headlights look. Walmart had cord but not paracord.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Lowes was a bust. As was sears, target, walmart, dick's, tacklebox, and Mckay's. Kmart gets 1/2 a point for having white. I am just going to go online and order a couple 100' rolls in different colors.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    May I ask what you do with Paracord??

1000' ft. rolls I see run $50.

How thick is it?

What lb. test would it equal?

Thanks.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Does anyone know anywhere in SOMD that you can buy 550 paracord? I looked at walmart and lowes but they didn't have any(unless I looked in the wrong section).

Do you have military exchange privileges? If so, try there first. The exchanges over at Quantico are worth the trip just for stuff like that.

If not, the interwebs will give you the best prices.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Try Camping

Depends on where you look. Try the camping section. I think True Value Hardware has it in that section, not the rope/chain area.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    May I ask what you do with Paracord??

1000' ft. rolls I see run $50.

How thick is it?

What lb. test would it equal?

Thanks.

You kind of have to careful when you buy paracord or 550 cord. If it isn't MILSPEC its a knock off and 99.9% of the time isn't the real deal. Knock off 550 is ok if you want to use it for most anything but parachute cord which is what it was originally designed for.
    Real 500 cord (paracord) has a 550lb test. it has a double braided covering and 7 center strands each is 80lb test. each of them can be unravelled into 3 separate threads that are similar to heavy sail thread and can be used as such. One of the 7 strands has a colored thread in it. 550 cord is approximately 3/16" thick.
    It has a 1000 uses. I won't get into them but if you do an internet search on "paracord uses", you'll have a couple hours of good reading time.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Found a shop while I was on travel that carried milspec paracord that is exactly as described above. Wasn't as low priced as online.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I was at Beacon last night and they had a black and green MILSPEC 50 and 100 ft bags.
    The 100' was priced at 7.99 I did not think that was unreasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom