• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Have an opportunity to get a stripped down parker hale M84 receiver. While I want to jump on it, I can't necessarily find the parts needed to make me want to commit. It sounds like the action is based roughly off the mauser, so could I use mauser parts to get this receiver up and going?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Not sure But if I could get the receiver with even just a few parts for a good price I would grab it. Gpc used to have a lot of PH parts maybe you could piece it together over a period of time or run across things as you go.
    It could be a Santa Barbara model which would make it easier.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Not sure But if I could get the receiver with even just a few parts for a good price I would grab it. Gpc used to have a lot of PH parts maybe you could piece it together over a period of time or run across things as you go.
    It could be a Santa Barbara model which would make it easier.

Don't think it's a Santa Barbara, unless they came in a single shot setup, as this action is. If I snag it, I might see if I can track down the bottom metal from an m85 and mod it to feed from m14 mags.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Found a picture of an m84 bolt. Looks like a Mauser bolt just manufactured by PH so they are around.
    Sarco more than likely has some PH parts. I looked at GPC and the cupboard was looking pretty bare.
    It's the m85 that has the longer barrel thread tenon, Sarco was selling off a lot of 98 type heavy barrels a while back bet that's what they were.
    Check to see if it's been hardened, PH sold a lot of unfinished receivers that were left soft for machine work.

20170920_195254.jpg

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Found a picture of an m84 bolt. Looks like a Mauser bolt just manufactured by PH so they are around.
    Sarco more than likely has some PH parts. I looked at GPC and the cupboard was looking pretty bare.
    It's the m85 that has the longer barrel thread tenon, Sarco was selling off a lot of 98 type heavy barrels a while back bet that's what they were.
    Check to see if it's been hardened, PH sold a lot of unfinished receivers that were left soft for machine work.
    View attachment 264513

The bolt has been the biggest thing keeping me from committing, but it just looks like a regular mauser bolt. Everything else will be moderately easy to get. The shop I'm having it sent to also has a place to check the hardness and hardened, if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom