• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    So I bought a P226 with factory nickle slide which I would like to convert from DAO to DA/SA. I bought all the parts from Top Gun and Numrich (Top Gun didn't have everything in stock). The new hammer and decocker lever are in nickle finish. Problem is they look to be "in the raw" they are matt/flat gray. They almost look like they are powder coated. The factory finish hammer and decocker on the gun have some sheen to them, almost as if they have a light polish on them. This of course matches the slide finish. If I install the new parts as is, they will look completely different than the slide. It's almost like I want to take them to a buffing wheel.
    Am I missin something, or should I have expected to need to buff/polish these replacement parts?

sig226.jpg

P1010650.jpg

P1010653.jpg

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Hmmmm. The parts that I've seen labeled Nickel really do look slightly polished. Have you contacted the shipper yet?

Hopefully MauiWowie will see this thread. He's the resident Sig guy.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Hmmmm. The parts that I've seen labeled Nickel really do look slightly polished. Have you contacted the shipper yet?

No I haven't contacted the buyer since I just picked up the gun today.

are they after market parts or original sig parts? maybe the issue w/ different finish.
    According to them: "Top Gun Supply is a factory authorized distributor of Sig Sauer parts and accessories – and that means we’ve got a lot of Sig parts to sell every day." http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-parts/ So I presumed based on this they are OEM parts.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    i know top gun does but you mentioned other dealer.

Numrich is the other dealer. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Default.aspx Their nickel decocker is not as big an issue as the slide, but it too is not as polished as I expected. It's unclear from the website if it's original OEM or aftermarket. The hammer is from Top Gun and is OEM and has the same issue so I don't think this is a aftermarket part issue. I think...

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I've seen parts with various finishes and never could make rhyme or reason.
    Hell Sig's Nitron finish sometimes doesn't even match. It think you just got parts made at different times or even finished by different companies. I'm not familiar with Numrich but have searched their site from time to time. Tom at TopGun only sells genuine Sig stuff. Sig just like other companies outsource parts and finishing so maybe your parts where done by different vendors.

What do you plan on doing with the SA/DA parts?
    I may want to take them off your hands....

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I'm going from DAO to DA/SA so if you want the DAO parts I'm happy to send them your way when the change is compplete. Right now my key issue is the finish on the hammer (which came from TopGun). It's just very different that the finish on the gun in that it is completely flat. What I want to know is, can I polish it a bit to add a bit of luster so as to better match the slide on the gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom