• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    [FONT=&quot]Guns![/FONT]House joint committees of Health/Government Operation and Judicial (see attached for committee votes) passed SB 281 with a few amendments at 8 pm Fri night. About 40 amendments were proposed. Pro-2nd Amendment citizens crowded into the committee room, so the meeting was moved to closed rooms with no public audio or video. The Governor apparently wants SB 281 to pass in the same version as passed the Senate, thus avoiding a conference committee and new floor votes at the last minute. The House floor vote will take place this coming week. Stay tuned.

Maryland citizens deserve a collective huge thank you for their tenacity in responding to calls for their voices to be heard and presence to be seen during these debates and in the upcoming week. The dominant party wolves, duly elected, are clearly voting against the wishes of their constituents and against the spirit and words of the 2nd Amendment and the state’s own Declaration of Rights. Citizens need to remember their actions at the ballot box.
    Moreover, if passed, the state will probably consign itself to years of expensive lawsuits, let alone costly home searches, questionable confiscations, and possible unjustified violence against law abiding citizens. Not exactly the democratic republic you may have been raised in or that the founders envisioned.

You can’t give up in frustration. Your untiring efforts will be needed in the 2014 election. As they say, “It ain’t over ‘til it’s over!” And that could be a long time from now. Keep up the fight!

Attachments

• House committee gun votes.doc
      159.5 KB · Views: 106
    • GENERAL ASSEMBLY COMMITTEES 2013.doc
      317.5 KB · Views: 87

mtb

May 24, 2011
    They're controlling the already law-abiding and letting the criminals run amok... on purpose.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    They're controlling the already law-abiding and letting the criminals run amok... on purpose.

I think the only reason they are letting the criminals run a muck is because they do not want to spend any tax dollars on prisons. The current prisons are full in MD. So they look for every excuse under the sun to grant early release.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I think the only reason they are letting the criminals run a muck is because they do not want to spend any tax dollars on prisons. The current prisons are full in MD. So they look for every excuse under the sun to grant early release.

There is another way other then early release to get people out of jails. I just requires a little gas or electricity. :)

Thanks
    Robert

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012

They're making room for law abiding gun owners :innocent0

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Lets not forget about a rope and shooting practice.

Personally I think the entire country should go with public execution for murders rapes and child molesters (Frosh would hate that).

Of course 18+ could come freely and kids under can with parents permission.

How about that for crime reduction.

Also I've recently learned that paroles from Baltimore are being relocated to my town of hagerstown because even the probation offices can't keep up.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    Public executions are an important reminder that the citizen is ultimately responsible for exerting lethal force by proxy. They also have a deterrent effect on crime.

Public shaming of petty criminals isn't a bad idea, either. Offer them a choice: jail, a heavy fine, or sitting in a stockade outside the courthouse for a few days. Put up some shatterproof plexiglas to keep them safe and an awning to keep them dry. That ought to free up some space in the prisons for all the scum we're currently paroling.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I love Maryland! I hate the politicians who are controlling MY state.

All the blame can't be placed on the politicians.........at the end of the day the voters have to man up and accept responsibility for the havoc they have created..........

dustyboots911

Mar 15, 2013
    Reisterstown
    My feelings

[FONT=&quot]Guns![/FONT]House joint committees of Health/Government Operation and Judicial (see attached for committee votes) passed SB 281 with a few amendments at 8 pm Fri night. About 40 amendments were proposed. Pro-2nd Amendment citizens crowded into the committee room, so the meeting was moved to closed rooms with no public audio or video. The Governor apparently wants SB 281 to pass in the same version as passed the Senate, thus avoiding a conference committee and new floor votes at the last minute. The House floor vote will take place this coming week. Stay tuned.

Maryland citizens deserve a collective huge thank you for their tenacity in responding to calls for their voices to be heard and presence to be seen during these debates and in the upcoming week. The dominant party wolves, duly elected, are clearly voting against the wishes of their constituents and against the spirit and words of the 2nd Amendment and the state’s own Declaration of Rights. Citizens need to remember their actions at the ballot box.
    Moreover, if passed, the state will probably consign itself to years of expensive lawsuits, let alone costly home searches, questionable confiscations, and possible unjustified violence against law abiding citizens. Not exactly the democratic republic you may have been raised in or that the founders envisioned.

You can’t give up in frustration. Your untiring efforts will be needed in the 2014 election. As they say, “It ain’t over ‘til it’s over!” And that could be a long time from now. Keep up the fight!

Merlin: I am retired Military. I was in Viet Nam with Hotel 2/7. I lost most of my friends on 4 Mar, 1966. I was in the 11SFGP. I was in the 290th MP Co. of the MDARNG. I was in Operation Just Cause in Panama. A Platoon Sergeant in Desert Storm, A Platoon Sregeant at the Pentagon when it was hit and my last deployment was as a Platoon Sergeant in Afghanistan at OMCA in Kabul. I was also the NCOIC of the Force Protection Platoon. This is to let you know where I am comming from. My wife is fighting Colon Cancer and so far winning. When this is over for her we will be voting with our feet. So far its MONTANA. But I will say this. I raised my hand on more then one ocassion to protect this country from ALL ENEMYS, foreign and DOMESTIC. God forbid if they come to my home I will defend my rights. Semper Fi.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Merlin: I am retired Military. I was in Viet Nam with Hotel 2/7. I lost most of my friends on 4 Mar, 1966.

And more - brother seen the elephant more than once, Semper Fi and thank you, bro!

This is to let you know where I am comming from. My wife is fighting Colon Cancer and so far winning. When this is over for her we will be voting with our feet. So far its MONTANA. But I will say this. I raised my hand on more then one ocassion to protect this country from ALL ENEMYS, foreign and DOMESTIC. God forbid if they come to my home I will defend my rights. Semper Fi.

G-d help you and your wife to make it through, sir. And thanks for the reminder there about what a lot of us swore. That oath has no expiration date!

I was just a stinkin' Reservist for 10 years, but I'm still doing my part to make things right in this State and the Country - we may have to regroup, reassess and reengage, but we aren't beaten yet!!

Oo-rah!
    :party29:
    :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom