• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    “The civil communications officer who took the call, Lakeshia Wesby, knew that this type of call from or on behalf of elected officials must be treated urgently “because of the importance of the people who [are] calling.” Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 51. She also knew the likely outcome of the call, as she receives similar calls on a regular basis, approximately twice a month, and always forwards the calls to a sergeant for the express purpose of helping the official to avoid interaction with demonstrators. Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 45-48. The usual response was “to have the officer in the field move people,” a direction that she had received before. Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 52-54. Even though she knew what would likely happen, Lakeshia Wesby directed the call to Defendant Sgt. Brian T. Pope.”

WTF.

Sent from my iBunker using Tapatalk Pro

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    “The civil communications officer who took the call, Lakeshia Wesby, knew that this type of call from or on behalf of elected officials must be treated urgently “because of the importance of the people who [are] calling.” Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 51. She also knew the likely outcome of the call, as she receives similar calls on a regular basis, approximately twice a month, and always forwards the calls to a sergeant for the express purpose of helping the official to avoid interaction with demonstrators. Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 45-48. The usual response was “to have the officer in the field move people,” a direction that she had received before. Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 52-54. Even though she knew what would likely happen, Lakeshia Wesby directed the call to Defendant Sgt. Brian T. Pope.”

WTF.

Sent from my iBunker using Tapatalk Pro

So, it's a pattern of civil rights abuse.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yup. This suit peeled back the lid. Police had been similarly chasing off various groups and activists in a similar fashion. Jeff and Kevin however knew their rights.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Sounds like 1983 complaints might be actionable with each individual participating and for each instance. Any other groups similarly chased off might have standing for their own 1983 action(s) as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A pattern of depriving citizens of their rights so that a "VIP" doesn't have to hear what the people he serves have to say? Fvcking scum. Including the governor who let this happen.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmm could that type of pattern against the people of Maryland who were discriminated against and or denied their civil rights be brought forward into a lawsuit against the state of maryland and or the capitol police dept and mabe the MGA as a whole? and could it end up having the US Justice Dept involved as well?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Hmmmm,
    Way back when I was wearing the MSI sandwich boards and marching around in front of the Capitol, Mansion and the House and Senate buildings on "Gun Day", I was told by couple of officers that I needed to stop doing so. I reminded them I was on public sidewalks, constantly moving, and was not violating any laws unless they could articulate one.
    They said that there had been complaints, but agreed I was not breaking any laws.
    I guess that things have changed.

Need to dig up the old post with pics that Norton made back then.

Edit: 2011, how times fly!!!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...7&share_fid=5618&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    23066e89bc851523c4171c7b43e77b96.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They said that there had been complaints, but agreed I was not breaking any laws.

This drives me insane. If a person complains about what someone else is doing, but aren't breaking the law, the LEO should be approaching the complainant. They can explain to the person that they need to quit being a nebbish and it's time to go home and feed the cats.

Why LEO feel the need to approach a person not breaking the law to let them know someone complained is beyond me. Tell someone who cares.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Oh snap I think we have that board somewhere, or one just like it,
    Not to derail this thread, but I believe Bikebreath (and others) helped to make this one and then others in following years.

If you have it, it's the one and only original!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    This drives me insane. If a person complains about what someone else is doing, but aren't breaking the law, the LEO should be approaching the complainant. They can explain to the person that they need to quit being a nebbish and it's time to go home and feed the cats.

Why LEO feel the need to approach a person not breaking the law to let them know someone complained is beyond me. Tell someone who cares.

I'll let you in on a little secret...

On average, probably 60% of calls received are ******** and we know they're ******** but are generally required to respond anyway. Rather than be incensed by the response, judge based on interactions once on scene. (If something was handled wrong at that point then be irritated.)

And yes there are cases where simply arriving in the area and viewing without contact is all that would be required but keep in mind, you don't always have the full details regarding the actual complaint made. (People make all kinds of inaccurate claims when they call in an attempt to ensure an officer will respond.)

Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'll let you in on a little secret...

On average, probably 60% of calls received are ******** and we know they're ******** but are generally required to respond anyway. Rather than be incensed by the response, judge based on interactions once on scene. (If something was handled wrong at that point then be irritated.)

And yes there are cases where simply arriving in the area and viewing without contact is all that would be required but keep in mind, you don't always have the full details regarding the actual complaint made. (People make all kinds of inaccurate claims when they call in an attempt to ensure an officer will respond.)

Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case.

I gotcha. I have no problem with being observed in public. I’ll even respond favorably to a “nice day, ain’t it?” Sure is, officer. Have a good one and stay safe, not everyone respects what you do like I do”. Beyond that, I’m not interacting with you.

No offense intended, I don’t know if you’re one of the macho ones who wants to measure wangs, or one of the good ones. I do respect what you do, and pray you stay safe, but bad cops can ruin my life.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I gotcha. I have no problem with being observed in public. I’ll even respond favorably to a “nice day, ain’t it?” Sure is, officer. Have a good one and stay safe, not everyone respects what you do like I do”. Beyond that, I’m not interacting with you.

No offense intended, I don’t know if you’re one of the macho ones who wants to measure wangs, or one of the good ones. I do respect what you do, and pray you stay safe, but bad cops can ruin my life.

Bad doctors can kill people, should I stop seeing doctors for medical help?

(Not saying you but I'm sure you understand my point.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Bad doctors can kill people, should I stop seeing doctors for medical help?

(Not saying you but I'm sure you understand my point.)

My advice? Be very careful about the doctors you see. Bad doctors most definitely kill people.

See how easy that was? I’m as wary of doctors I pick for my family as I am of cops. For the same reasons.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    ADR is very sensitive to any criticism even if it is a correct statement, and automatically feels you are disrespecting LEO. I believe he knows the cops here overstepped but can't just say that and leave it at that.

I know i am only a welder...:innocent0;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ADR is very sensitive to any criticism even if it is a correct statement, and automatically feels you are disrespecting LEO. I believe he knows the cops here overstepped but can't just say that and leave it at that.

I get it. Cops get shat upon, and frankly it’s obnoxious to have that bleed over into your escape (sincerely sorry, ADR). That said, we need to acknowledge the very real problems interactions with the bad LEO can go. It’s like doctors. Everyone knows who the bad doctors are. Nobody does anything about them until they are left with no choice.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

If he can't just say it, then he probably won't step in and stop it when it happens in his presence.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I get it. Cops get shat upon, and frankly it’s obnoxious to have that bleed over into your escape (sincerely sorry, ADR). That said, we need to acknowledge the very real problems interactions with the bad LEO can go. It’s like doctors. Everyone knows who the bad doctors are. Nobody does anything about them until they are left with no choice.

Bad welders kill people as well, i get it. But he has continued to think we don't understand it.
    I have stated many times i get it, but we are only talking about this case and how the cops handled things.

He is more then likely one of the good guys and none of this is directed at him unless he is one of the officers that arrest the two brothers.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit or you would have read and understood the following quote - "Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case."

With that being said - you guys win, I'm done.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit or you would have read and understood the following quote - "Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case."

With that being said - you guys win, I'm done.

Nobody wins here or when they are arrested without breaking laws. But if you feel you want to take your ball and go home that is fine.

I wish you the best and be safe, In reality i was speaking about this case and filings and not about cop life in general but once you expanded the topic i felt a need to buzz in on the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom