• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    A gallows has serious racial overtones that will hurt us very badly.

Nothing says lynching more than a noose

Bad idea IMO
    I am long done with having a fear of being called a "racist"
    Hanging was the form of execution for hundreds of years,, especially for tyrants.
    If someone wants to make that "racist",, that is THEIR problem, not mine.

"lynching" is being hung by a mob without judicial process,, a separate issue.
    (side note: many whites were lynched, by some counts as many as blacks)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PP leadership needs to be more aware of group perception than one indidividual.

A accusation of a organization being racist is a stink that is harder to wash off than a single accusation.

We have to work at not being viewed as old fat white guys in flannel shirts without having the word racist tacked on to that

So a bad idea still IMO.

But as mentioned, it can be kept in our quiver

YMMV

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    PP leadership needs to be more aware of group perception than one indidividual.

A accusation of a organization being racist is a stink that is harder to wash off than a single accusation.

So a bad idea still IMO.

But as mentioned, it can be kept in our quiver

YMMV
    Understood, The Group does not need/want attention not inline with their ideals/goals/way of doing things.

I am probably more fed up with politicians than most,, and my G.A.F. got up and left when the last of the kids flew the nest.
    But what really changed me ?? A few years ago I took 2 days off work, waited ALL day to testify,, and when I finally get up to testify 1/2 the maggots got up or are playing on their phones.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I am long done with having a fear of being called a "racist"
    Hanging was the form of execution for hundreds of years,, especially for tyrants.
    If someone wants to make that "racist",, that is THEIR problem, not mine...
    It becomes YOUR problem when the Crazy Cat Lady Red Flags you for being a "Domestic Terrorist" and you get unexpected visitors at 3 a.m. because you and your noose were on the NBC Nightly News. You can expect DC and Baltimore coverage. Maybe national, depending on the news cycle.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    It becomes YOUR problem when the Crazy Cat Lady Red Flags you for being a "Domestic Terrorist" and you get unexpected visitors at 3 a.m. because you and your noose were on the NBC Nightly News. You can expect DC and Baltimore coverage. Maybe national, depending on the news cycle.
    My father gave me bad advice 30+ years ago when I started my business and started becoming politically active,, He told me to work hard and "fly under the radar"

My days of living in fear are long behind me.
    So I shouldn't make a strong (or ANY) statement because I am afraid of a cat lady?
    Is there a law against a mock gallows?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So I shouldn't make a strong (or ANY) statement because I am afraid of a cat lady?
    Is there a law against a mock gallows?
    No law against a gallows depiction, though there's good arguments against; for example, the opinion of the group that you wish to support by your presence.

Aside from that, it occurs to me that guillotine would be far more representative of a wish to rid oneself of an oppressive self-determined aristocracy.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Only successful protesting ive seen is blm type.

If it were about crime you could put this on one of your signs.

View attachment 398067

But we know it’s nothing to do with crime. Just as obamacare had nothing to do with providing more healthcare. And universal background checks has nothing to do with safety. Maybe safety for tyrants.
    In the JPR Balti.ore crime hearing they kept referring to "a certain demographic," not wanting to say the quiet part out loud.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    No law against a gallows depiction, though there's good arguments against; for example, the opinion of the group that you wish to support by your presence.

Aside from that, it occurs to me that guillotine would be far more representative of a wish to rid oneself of an oppressive self-determined aristocracy.
    SOLD! Guillotine it is! :bannana:

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I may or may not be pricing out bulk feathers and sourcing tar.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    5717c0d44110425d826c8383fa7cd40c.jpg

I’m coming for y’alls guns. Bruen was stupid. It was a bad decision.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Oh I guarantee the piles of money I’ve sent to goa SAF MSI , and nra have done more than being laughed at by the election stealing politicians.
    Those of us that have put in the time, have done more than your money. Putting the time in has defeated more bills in the MGA, thus permitting MSI, SAF, etc. to use their limited funds on less lawsuit.

Tell me again how we aren't as effective as your money?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Any guesses on who this banned member was, would the skipperkey come to mind. Or it is a sockpuppet.
    Nah, not Skipperkey, he at least showed up in Annapolis and on the bricks a couple of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom