• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    It's interesting that you had been selected to receive a personal friendly threatening PM. Did you have any sort of contact with him outside the regular posts?

I wonder whether others here had a similar experience? (Maybe I'm jealous at being left out; more likely, he figured I was a lost cause.)

Nope, I’ve been so busy with work I haven’t been on the forum much lately and I got a notification one day that I had a message from someone and I didn’t know who they were. Read through the message and was like wtf, looked at his introduction and just thought he’s a hypocrite and should mind his business. So I never responded and left it at that. Then I saw this thread after I assumed he was banned.

Thought it was kinda weird he wanted to make his first impression on me in that way but it seems to make more sense now. Idk if anyone wants me to/ im allowed to but I can post the message if anyone wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Just read this quote today & it really hit me as quite relevant in today's climate.
    I wish I could report this post as awesome

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, I’ve been so busy with work I haven’t been on the forum much lately and I got a notification one day that I had a message from someone and I didn’t know who they were. Read through the message and was like wtf, looked at his introduction and just thought he’s a hypocrite and should mind his business. So I never responded and left it at that. Then I saw this thread after I assumed he was banned.

Thought it was kinda weird he wanted to make his first impression on me in that way but it seems to make more sense now. Idk if anyone wants me to/ im allowed to but I can post the message if anyone wants.

IDK if it's allowed but:

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    IDK if it's allowed but:

If this isn’t allowed then forgive me but here it is:

62afcb75c4db2089d46ff2e8c31d50f9.jpg

6e95e6c6c9add664a9ae0a94243e3969.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    He refers to a post you made in the "Stop involving race and politics in schools" thread, but I don't see that post of yours.

That is a very odd message he sent you. I wonder if he intended it for someone else?

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    He refers to a post you made in the "Stop involving race and politics in schools" thread, but I don't see that post of yours.

That is a very odd message he sent you. I wonder if he intended it for someone else?

He addressed it to me by name so I don’t think he made a mistake. But who knows

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

It's the opening post of the thread.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If this isn’t allowed then forgive me but here it is:

62afcb75c4db2089d46ff2e8c31d50f9.jpg

6e95e6c6c9add664a9ae0a94243e3969.jpg

You're certainly allowed to post a PM if you wish. Noloader is no longer around to complain, anyway.

It seems to me you were selected as a young person who might be frightened into toeing the company line by a doxxing threat. Whether he intended to follow through is questionable. I suspect it was merely an effort to bully you into silence, and undermine your confidence in speaking your mind.

This site attracts people like that, who would like nothing better than to shut us down, collectively and individually. December thru April, when the GA is active, is prime time. They also appear in the runup to elections. I've wondered whether they're paid trolls, or merely basement-dwellers with no job, looking to offload some venom. Probably both.

I've had some success occasionally baiting trolls until they post something sufficiently outrageous to get banned. It's amusing, and helps me offload some of the venom that living under MD's tyranny inevitably generates.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    You're certainly allowed to post a PM if you wish. Noloader is no longer around to complain, anyway.

It seems to me you were selected as a young person who might be frightened into toeing the company line by a doxxing threat. Whether he intended to follow through is questionable. I suspect it was merely an effort to bully you into silence, and undermine your confidence in speaking your mind.

This site attracts people like that, who would like nothing better than to shut us down, collectively and individually. December thru April, when the GA is active, is prime time. They also appear in the runup to elections. I've wondered whether they're paid trolls, or merely basement-dwellers with no job, looking to offload some venom. Probably both.

I've had some success occasionally baiting trolls until they post something sufficiently outrageous to get banned. It's amusing, and helps me offload some of the venom that living under MD's tyranny inevitably generates.

Ya I think like many others here, it’s hard to sway our opinion but if he had read closely to my opening post, it was indeed a rant, but not about what I think he thought it was about. I merely wanted the touchy subjects of race and politics to be left out entirely. Not cherry-picking one race or political stance or another.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I don’t know anything about that guy but I will say there is some wisdom to his final paragraph.

0a0ba59fcf654253411d6e1afdea3be8.jpg

I’m sort of reminded of the saying that character is measured by the things you do when no one is watching. So I do sort of think about what I say online in that some day if my wife, son, daughter or mother were to read some of my 8000+ post that they would see my responses inline with the person they know. I’m also cognizant that someday I could be doxed and have to defend my comments. It’s a real possibility and something that people should acknowledge. Now I’m not suggesting people be disingenuous, I’m just saying not everyone is going to be able to say “I
    Just grab them by the p——y” like Trump and brush it off.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I certainly won't argue against your position on social media posts, but I do sense a different sensibility driving your post, from the PM by Noloader.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I certainly won't argue against your position on social media posts, but I do sense a different sensibility driving your post, from the PM by Noloader.

You might be right. I don’t know. Historically I’ve sometimes been too trusting and naïve in assessing peoples motives. Sometimes I wonder what drives people into this group, and I assume they were like me. Just someone searching for information, without even knowing where to start. From outside the Water Cooler, there really looks like a wealth of knowledge, waiting to be shared. I forgot that there are people who may really have a fear or hatred for the types of topics discussed outside the WC, let alone those inside. I’ve certainly become more cynical as I get older and that may coincide with my participation here on MDS. I am more suspicious of strangers, not necessarily fearful, just a healthy dose if suspicion that forces me to contend with the fact that there is a chance that anyone out there could just be stupid, reckless, evil, crazy or all of the above.

To the people I meet here online I read many of the post here and while I don’t always agree with what is posted, I have a basic trust that most of us post our opinions to promote discussion, not promote ourselves. Yet, I acknowledge that some of us could be reckless, stupid, evil or crazy too.

It’s probably a good idea the like button is banned from MDS, no need to be liking crazy or stupid.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That PM is the most sanctimonious BS I've read in a while. People who skulk message boards and respond to conversations mostly by PM are either afraid to voice their opinions publicly or they're intentionally hiding and trying to start stuff.

This guy pm'd me too asking me to clarify a pretty clear post that I'd made. I didn't answer him.

Is the new software triple posting?
    I've nuked the duplicates but it bears watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom