• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Does anybody know if this place allows hunting? I just moved back to the area and I am looking for somewhere to hunt. When I lived here before I thought I saw hunters there. Its in Benedict if that helps at all. Thanks Donnie

Gringo

Aug 17, 2010
    Not sure if you had a specific area in mind, but you can check out the Meade Natural Heritage Association (MNHA) and the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge. Membership is fairly cheap if I remember right, but they do have some qualification requirements besides just membership before you can hunt.

Does anybody know if this place allows hunting? I just moved back to the area and I am looking for somewhere to hunt. When I lived here before I thought I saw hunters there. Its in Benedict if that helps at all. Thanks Donnie

They do allow hunting, but it is mostly fields from what I was told. I drive by there every day going to work. It does see a lot of pressure, especially in gun season. I used to go to work early, and the lot is full on gun season over 2 hours before first light. From the people standing around and vehicles I've seen there.....there seems to be a lot of small game hunters in bow season, and a lot of rabbit hunters too. Probably because it's so visible to everyone from 231, so just about everyone knows it's there.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Hey Gulf, this is probably a stupid question but do you know which if any of the public areas in St. Marys sees the least pressure? Not knowing anybody with land sucks!

Not too sure.
    I've been lucky enough to have private land to hunt.
    Used to be pretty easy to get permission on private for free...but now most places that do allow folks to hunt want a lot of $$$$$$.
    I have a few friends at work that have always hunted public in St. Marys.
    I'll ask around for you, and see what I can find out.

padeerhunter

Oct 24, 2012
    anne arundle
    i hunt there and there is not alot of pressure. they only let certain amount of hunters in a area do to acre size of the area. i also never see or hear small game hunters.

padeerhunter

Oct 24, 2012
    anne arundle
    deer is bow shotgun and muzzleloader and you can hunt squirrels with a 22 in january but there is alot of big bucks there and you can check out the website at mnha.net

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    I think were talking about two different places. The place I'm talking about is in Charles county right before you go over the Benedict bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom