• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    A few more posts and you can put it in the classifieds... What make?
    Check the Industry Partners Forum for pawn shops

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    If you are willing to sell, put it up on the marketplace to sell. going to a pawn shop or gunshop will only yield you 20-30% of what it really may be worth.

Best of luck on getting secure work.

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    You can pawn any firearm that you legally own. Although in the case of a handgun, if you pawn and then buy it back, you will fill out a 4473 and require an HQL as well. Expect to make less than half of a return on sale as a pawn broker has to recoup costs and make a profit. Depending on where in Baltimore county you are, baltimores best pawn is a great shop to work with. They are an Industry Partner here on the forum and I pawned a shotgun through them last year.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Just to repeat what Boonie Hat said, you will not be able to get it back without the HQL, the 77r, the 4473, and the 7 day wait.

Same thing goes if you put it on consignment then decide you want it back.

Think very carefully before you do either.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Here is one more post to legitimately respond to.

50 coming up.

What are you selling and do you have pics?

If you really need funds, don't pawn it. Sell it outright and get what it's worth.

Best of luck finding work.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Props to you for thinking about pawning your guns- not an easy decision I'm sure- rather that getting effed up on credit cards like the rest of this lazy-ass country. Debt is a tool that too many people are abusing (including our government).

Casey

Dec 4, 2011
    yes do tell,
    I have in the past bought from friends, or extended family when they were in a tough spot, and gave them first chance to buy it back at the same price , if and or when the could buy it back.. we all gotta stick together, we never know when or if we will need a kind helping hand

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I'm not sure about the HQL part. I was in need of some cash and I pawned a pistol pre oct. 1. I did not pick it up till about marchish cause of the HQL. I was told that msp said I didn't need it to get it out of pawn. Still don't have the HQL and have had the pistol back since march.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I'm not sure about the HQL part. I was in need of some cash and I pawned a pistol pre oct. 1. I did not pick it up till about marchish cause of the HQL. I was told that msp said I didn't need it to get it out of pawn. Still don't have the HQL and have had the pistol back since march.

I called Baltimore's Best Pawn and asked. He said no HQL needed, just the Federal 4473

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Ya guess its cause you technically already own the pistol you don't need it. Your not buying a new pistol just getting yours back. But then again I could be way off too.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    four options as I see it

best return - research value, sell it yourself on the marketplace

less hassle, less return - pawn it or consign it to a gun shop

least hassle or it's less than in great shape/POS or it's damaged/parts - auction it with one of the local auction brokers, just check with them that they do handguns

or sell it to a relative/friend

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Maybe you can sell the firearm to a buddy with the condition that if you have the money to buy it back within a reasonable time frame. I have done that a few times in the past. Help a buddy if I can. I usually give them a time frame of 6 months for the buyback.

Maybe someone can help you!
    Jim Smith

VAFarmboy

May 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The firearm in question is a SIG Sauer Pro SP 2340 chambered for .40 S&W. At the moment I have no pictures. I have only fired 50 rounds from it.

Last edited:

VAFarmboy

May 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Maybe you can sell the firearm to a buddy with the condition that if you have the money to buy it back within a reasonable time frame. I have done that a few times in the past. Help a buddy if I can. I usually give them a time frame of 6 months for the buyback.

Maybe someone can help you!
    Jim Smith

That is a good idea,except I don't have friends like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom