• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VAFarmboy

May 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's an interesting deal, selling things. I've sold a few things in the past, usually to fund some other project. I sold a S&W Model 27 to help fund the purchase of an H&K USP, and I kind of wish I still had it. But, it was the quickest way I could come up with the cash, so it is what it is.

Is this pistol still for sale or has it already been sold?

The SP is still in my possession.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I am not happy with how you guys represent a pawn shop on here. I am a pawn shop and gun dealer both. I have my FFL. If you pawn a handgun you DO NOT have to have an HQL to get it back. The gun belongs to you already - you only have to do the 4473 instant check. Maybe you all have had bad dealings with pawn shops but don't take it out on all of us. I feel I run a first class business and try to treat everyone as fair as possible. I am not in the business to "rip" people off. I believe that I try to give everyone a fair price on any gun that they want to pawn. Yes they do they have to pay interest but that is part of doing business - after all I am a business. I also will work with anyone that needs a few days grace period. I take nothing out the next day and sell it. I don't believe in ripping people off. So if anyone is in my area and finds them in the situation that they need to pawn a gun give The Bank Gun and Pawn a chance. I promise we will treat as fair as we possibly can. Thanks.

While I have never been to your particular establishment, I have been to hundreds of pawns shops in recent years, and the most successful [and fun to shop at] pawn shops bought low and sold low. Quick turnaround with decent [90-100 percent or so] profit. This leads to repeat customers, an everchanging inventory, and variety. Though this also tends to keep high quality firearms off the shelves. High priced guns make me shoot right out the door. I never go to a pawnshop to pay anywhere near MSRP. All these savings have to come from somewhere, and that person is usually the seller. Nature of the business. If you didn't need to sell it, you probably would not be bringing it to a pawn shop. I'm not saying you don't provide a service, just saying it is probably the worst way to get money on your gun [if selling]. Pawning on the other hand may net you a decent amount of cash to help, IF you plan on repaying the loan in a timely manner to avoid the interest rate. But just like anything, the pawnbroker can only pawn something for less than he feels he could sell it for [which still has to be significantly lower than MSRP] to make it worth his time if the person fails to uphold the pawn agreement. Which by its very nature means that if you could get that much by selling the firearm, then the OP can get that much if he really trys, but he may have to sit on it for awhile much like you would. Always buy at pawn shops, never sell, only pawn if you really need the cash and can truly make the payments in a timely manner.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Farmboy, sorry for your luck...I hope things turn around for you soon. I've been in tight binds myself through my life where I've had to liquidate everything and was thankful I had some things that generated some much needed cash.

TruGroove62

May 3, 2020
    yes do tell,
    I have in the past bought from friends, or extended family when they were in a tough spot, and gave them first chance to buy it back at the same price , if and or when the could buy it back.. we all gotta stick together, we never know when or if we will need a kind helping hand
    Casey, I know this post is old, but I totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom