• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Thinking about picking up one of those Gamo Whisper air rifles. Can't decide between the 177 and the 22. Is the 22 quieter than the 177? I know the 177 pellets are cheaper but I'm more concerned about noise than price of pellets. I want to shoot in the basement so quiet is desired.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    My squirrel problem became a problem when everyone in the neighborhood bird fed the hell out of those squirrels. I was forced to trim back the squirrel population whilst living in your state. My method was a 22LR long barreled single shot. One 22 LR sent out at 750 FPS would always get the job done. That gun was practically as quiet as a mouse. Once hit they would drop like a sack of dead muskrats and they would just keep coming.
    You might have a squirrel bot crawling amongst Outdoor Sports so I won't mention things like having a squirrels licenze plate somewheres on a vehicle. Everyone who see it thinks its because of the local Richmond minor baseball team the Richmond Squirrels, not so.
    I recently allowed my son the privilege of driving my Tacoma to his work place and one of his work buddies said that "your dad must hunt squirrels." My son said that "He was not a squirrel hunter but a squirrel killer." He was right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom